cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of Dev to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could somebody please help me on : what do I need to do to transport everything from Dev to QA. I have the CMS and XI Guide. I want to know other than the Software Components and scenarios in Rep and Dir, what else I need to do?.

we are using a single SLD. So, the transport of the swcv in repository moves the imported SWCVs to QA?.

Do I need to configure everything from the scratch in the Integration directory?.

p.s: points will be rewarded for right answers.

Thanks ,

Sunita.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunita,

1.Also please check the technical systems in QA have the same products installed on them as their counter parts in Dev.

2.After they are exported from Dev to CMS, they should be transported from CMS server to QA. Once they are in QA, if u go to ID of QA, the objects that are transported will be in the change list of LSADMIN user. They should be moved to the user who is working on them.

3.U need to take care of the comm channels. For Ex. if u have RFC adapter, U need to give the correct logon details for the particular client of QA server.

-Naveen.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunita,

AS you are using a single SLD , you need to do the following,

1. - Technical Landscape ( Build System Targets )

Create the technical system / logical system poitning to the corresponding QA systems ( if there are going to be diffeent R3 systems for dev and QA )

2. - Business Landscape

Create the Business Systems for QA

3. - Create Transport Targets

Create the Transport Target for your Business System from the Dev to QA.

4. - Now, you can export your IR and ID as TPZ files and reimport them into QA.

The only chnage that will be needed to be done will be on the Communication Channels.

Make the change and then activate the entire change list.

<i>Do I need to configure everything from the scratch in the Integration directory?.</i>

If you are using Transport Target for Business Systems, then the only ID can be resued only commuincation channels wuill have to be changed.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh and Moorthy,

Thanks for replies. I have a question, when we move all the SWCV into the QA using CMS, do I need to create the same product, Software component, technical system, and business system?

In the Integration Directory, dont I need to change the receiver agreement, sender agreement, interface and receiver determination?.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Sunita.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

Products and SWCV will remain same across the envrionments. Only technical systems/Business systems will change. I.e you need to create Business systems separately for thr QA envrionment,

<i>In the Integration Directory, dont I need to change the receiver agreement, sender agreement, interface and receiver determination?.</i>

>> No need of changing anything this. Only communication channel configuration need to change. So it is assumed that , you have set up traport targets in the SLD.

Check this Blog series~ to get to know more

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

<i>we are using a single SLD.</i>

>> So you are having one SLD for both Dev and QA envrionment.

Then you need to have separate business systems (which is pointing to the respective technical systems of the QA environment,) for each business systems created in the Dev envrionment in the SLD..

<i>Do I need to configure everything from the scratch in the Integration directory?.</i>

>>Not required, mainly you need to configure communication channles, which should point the right systems etc..

hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy