cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From IDoc to SMTP with XML attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for some info to guide me up how to split and IDOC structure into an email message that contents an XML file attached and a NFS repository.

I mean, i need to create an XML FIle from the IDOC and i need to post it into a NFS directory and also send it attached into an email message.

May i create both messages in a single process?

This is my scenario:

<R/3 Sales IDoc> TO <SMTP/FTP Business partners> and <local file system>.

Thnx in advanced.

Gerardo.

Ps. I will post reward points.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i><R/3 Sales IDoc> TO <SMTP/FTP Business partners> and <local file system>.</i>

>>> You need to send the Idoc data into mulitple receivers right?

After mapping just send the message to the File Adapter and Mail Adapter.

For this you can make use of BPM. and in BPM, you can use,

1) Receive Idoc Message

2) Mapping ( if you want to map outside the BPM , you can do that.. if so, you will get the Mapped data in the

BPM)

3) Send the message to the File system (file adapter)

4) Send the message to the Mail System(Mail Adapter)

Check following example-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/content.htm

FOr mail adapter with attachment-

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/02/23/xi-dynamic-name-in-the-mail-attachment--pseudo-variable-substitution

It may be one of the way to do your scenario

Hope this helps

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Is possible to use the FILE adapter to create a XML file? Do i need to use some function to generate the XML tags? if don't, is it possible to make it with the SOAP adapter with SMTP protocol?

I mean i don't get exactly how to generate the file with the XML tags and the info content...

Could you plz help me with this?

Best regards,

Gerardo.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In XI all messages are processed in xml formats. So if you want to generate the xml file from the message use File Adapter without File content conversion.

In the receiver file adapter configuration select <b>Message Protocol</b> property as <b>File</b> ( by default).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gerardo R. Espino

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Think you can use multimapping (and avoid the BPM) for your case wherein you can simulataneously map the Source IDOC to the mail and the File.

Check this blog on the same

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh/Krishna,

Thank you guys for your helpful comments, just to acknowledge you i have gathered all the links that i found in these forums in order to help other people in this issue:

<b>Introduction to IDoc-XI-File scenario and complete walk through for starters</b>

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

<b>IDOC to XML</b>

<b>Send a XML file using the mail adapter</b>

<b>Example: Multicast – Multiple Receivers (with Response Message)</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/content.htm

<b>Multi-Mapping without BPM - Yes, it’s possible!</b>

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

<b>Mail Adapter scenarios – SAP Exchange Infrastructure</b>

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

<b>XI: Dynamic name in the mail attachment - pseudo "variable substitution"</b>

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/02/23/xi-dynamic-name-in-the-mail-attachment--pseudo-variable-substitution

<b>XI: HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter ?</b>

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

<b>Receiving Mail attachments using additional files of file adapter.</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Best regards,

Gerardo.