cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Monitoring issue - job BPM_DATA_COLLECTION* not running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are facing an issue with BPM "IDOC Monitoring" (under application monitoring), which we have setup to monitor Inbound and Outbound Idocs in 2 separate R/3 systems.

In one system it works fine, and measured values are returned each time the monitor is set to run according to the specified schedule.

However, for another R/3 system, the monitor has never run, even though the settings are identical in the monitoring setup.

From reading the Interfaces Monitoring Setup guide, I found that this monitor depends on a job called BPM_DATA_COLLECTION* which runs in the monitored system. In the system where monitoring is functioning correctly, I can see this job is completing successfully at the time the monitor is set to run. All I find is completed jobs - no scheduled or released jobs present.

However, for the system where the monitoring is not functioning, I found that this job is not running, but that the job is sitting in scheduled status instead.

When I tested manually running the job in this system, it ran successfully, and in Solution Manager the monitor brought back the measured value, so the monitor only ran successfully when I manually ran the job in the monitored system.

I read notes 1321015 & 1339657 relating to IDOC monitoring. 1321015 appears to be more relevant, yet it does not exactly describe my issue - it mentions the job BPM_DATA_COLLECTION* failing rather than just remaining in scheduled status which is what I see.

Anyone else see this issue before?

On a more general point - the standard BPM Setup guide doesn't really go into much detail on IDOC Monitoring, and makes no mention of what is happening in the background, i.e. the job BPM_DATA_COLLECTION* being created and run as per schedule. This info is found in a separate document "Interface Monitoring Setup Guide".

Is there any single document which describes fully what happens both in the Solution Manager and the Monitored systems when BPM is activated? For example, to describe which monitors require jobs to be run, which monitors require additional setup in monitored system, etc? A document such as this which describes exactly the process flow for each monitor would be very useful in troubleshooting issues going forward.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello John,

most probably the user assigned to the corresponding RFC READ connection that connects SolMan with the backend system doesn't have proper authorization to release a job. That's why it is only created/scheduled but not released. Verify if the RFC user on the backend has the latest CSMREG profile assigned according to SAP note 455356.

You can also check if the latest ST-PI support package is installed on your backend system as the ST-PI usualy contain the latest definition of CSMREG.

Best Regards

Volker

Answers (0)