cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to create a Technical System or Business System I see the following types

1) Web AS ABAP 2) WEB as JAVA 3) Standalone Java 4) Third-party 5) System Landscape Directory

Which option I should choose on what situation?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but for which system?

for the XI you need to create (technial system)

1) Web AS ABAP 2) WEB as JAVA

for r3

1) Web AS ABAP

and 1) Web AS ABAP business system

below you'll find a few docs with descriptions:

technical ssytem types:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/24/8fa93e08503614e10000000a114084/content.htm

business system types:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/c817d9d2296bb2e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once I declare a system in Technical side as Web as ABAP or WEB AS Java, whats the necessity to inform the samething in the Business System. As I see Business system as a wraper over the Technical System. Michal or Gurus could you please clarify my confusion.

Any useful PDF's that talks about SLD will be Greatly appreciated.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

Business Systems are specific to <b>CLIENT of a TECHNICAL SYSTEM</b>

In your Technical System , you can have multiple Clients for a technical System, but when you configure a Business System, you do it specific to a client of a technical system.

Hope this clarifies,

Regards,

Bhavesh

PS AM not an XI guru.. not yet

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

Just search using SDN LIBARARY and keyword SLD and you will get multiple documents on SLD concepts.

One among those documents you can check,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fd876513-0a01-0010-65ad-a63...

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, thats a great answer and now I am getting out of the clutch slowly.

Let us say that I have an R/3 System with 3 clients. Client 020, client 030, client 040.

For the above R/3 System and for 3 different clients, I have created a Technical System, say SAP-Tech.

Now I want to create a BS for SAP-Tech,now I can create 3 business systems for the above SAP-Tech.

Once again, why I need a Web as abap or web as java. Eventhough we have 3 clients, all the clients are going to fall under one category of web as java or web as abap.

Am I missing something here Bhavesh.

PS: Who ever helps others is GURU. Now you can determine whether you are guru or not, still you have a doubt check the scores you have got, still not ready to call you as GURU!!!!

have a nice evening.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

Am not sure if this is the perfect answer, but i ll try to make the difference from what I have understood.

Normally, when one moves from Dev to QA and so on, the landscape might be such that the r3 system might remain the same, but, <b>the client alone might vary.</b>

In such cases, to associate and make each client independent in XI when doing our interfaces, such a 1:1 relationship between a business system and the technical system comes in handy.

Another point to note is , there can be ONLY ONE BUSINESS SYSTEM, that can be associated with a CLIENT OF A TECHNICAL SYSTEM in any SLD.

Regards,

Bhavesh

PS : Thanks for d compliment, but I prefer not being a Guru makes things easier

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

<i>

Now I want to create a BS for SAP-Tech,now I can create 3 business systems for the above SAP-Tech.</i>

>>Right

<i>Once again, why I need a Web as abap or web as java. Eventhough we have 3 clients, all the clients are going to fall under one category of web as java or web as abap.</i>

>>For a Businees system which is pointing to R/3 then it should be Web AS ABAP. So you need to have 3 business sytems having WebAS ABAP type.(provided you are planiing to use all 3 clients)

WebAS Java is used when you are using Java Proxy in your scenarios.

Regards,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh.

Krishna, could you explain it more clearly what you are trying to explain me, probably with an example.

Thanks.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For e.g we have one R/3 System, with multiple clients like this

100 - ABAP Development

200 - Testing

300 - Something else..

If you need to use all three clients, you will need 3 business systems but one technical system.

In this case you are going to create 3 business systems with WebAS ABAP type.

WebAS Java is used when you are going to communicate with Java Proxy..

Hope it clears..

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (0)