cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC COmmunication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have created a receiver idoc communication channel, and when i want to check whetehr its working fine or not in Runtime Work Bench , when giving the receiver communication channel name it is saying " Communication Channel" does not exist??

plz help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDOC channels cant be monitored from RWB as they are on ABAP stack and not JAVA stack. You can monitor them from IDX5

Check this blog:

/people/kamalkumar.ramakrishnan/blog/2008/02/13/monitoring-the-idoc-adapter-in-xipi-using-idx5

Regards

Soumen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been monitoring in IDX5, here it is saying " No messages selected"; it is an inbound idoc.

Edited by: VArjun86 on Jan 27, 2010 10:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats because there are no IDOCs processed using that adapter yet.

I dont think there's any other way to monitor them as of now other than IDX5.

This link can give you idea on IDOC adapter monitoring using IDX5 .

/people/kamalkumar.ramakrishnan/blog/2008/02/13/monitoring-the-idoc-adapter-in-xipi-using-idx5

Regards

Soumen...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have been monitoring in IDX5, here it is saying " No messages selected"; it is an inbound idoc

Are you able to see a success flag in SXMB_MONI?

In IDX5 give a bigger time period...and i hope that if you are filling other details, like transaction ID, then you are filling it right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said you have created the receiver idoc communication channel and if you are monitoring the idocs in IDX5 for the same then the idoc will be outbound and not inbound....

if you are confused with directions then check with out giving the directions in filter criteria....

Also are you sure that the idocs have generated successfully in PI for sending..check the interface message in MONI for the same...

Hope this clears you

Regards

Rajesh

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all we dont have to create Receiver IDOC Communication Channel.

We cannot monitor INBOUND IDOCS communication channels.

Regards

Dheeraj kumar

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We require receiver channels for every protocol! Only exception is for the Sender channels.

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for the wrong reply i was confused while replying please ignore my previous reply.

Thanks Abhishek for correcting me.

Regards

Dheeraj kumar

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun

Firstly check wheather you have activated your communication channel or not. If not activated then activate first and then check it in RWB.

Secondly refresh the cache

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDOC Communication channel is nota part of Adapter Engine and hence cannot be monitored using RWB!