Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP :Configuring Fax

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure Fax in our ERP system.SMTP mail configurationhas been done and its working fine.

Now while configuring Fax i tried to use the same SMTP server ,but not sure if Fax i s supported there.

Tried ot send the Fax using this but system throwed error that

===================================

Processing was terminated in the SAP system. The reason is given in the details below:

Received e-Mail address FAX=91useid@FAX=RECIPIE

=====================================

Can you please give me steps required to configure Fax and what are the pre-requiistes for this .

Regards

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Sandal on Jan 27, 2010 2:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but not sure if Fax i s supported there

What fax software are you using?... I think this is a question for your IT team not for us.

Regards

Juan

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Juan ,

Got a response from IT team

"SMTP server is not configured with FAX-Modem and not PSTN cloud connection available for sending Fax through this server."

They are askign me what are the requiements.As per my understanding i need a Fax server domain to be assigned in "Conversion into Internet Address" field in address area.

SCOT confugurations are done.

So what should i ask them ..FAX software /server ..i am not sure.Pls let me know.

Regards

Ajay

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need a Fax server... Theres lots of SAP certified solutions available i.e. Rightfax

Google them you'll find lots.

Regards

Juan

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Juan.

Few more doubts:

Can PSTN connection be used instead of a Fax server ,checked note 455140.It talk about sending Fax through SMTP alone.

Is there any other way or we need to send them as email to the Fax server using SMTP.

Regards

Ajay

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP cannot handle fax on his own thats why it relays on a thrid party product to receive the requests.

So faxes directly using PSTN is not an option, you need a fax server.

Regards

Juan

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

Thanks for the information so far.

Actually IT team doesn't have any FAX server and now i need to do a kind of demo of the requirement.

Can we use FAX provider ,like i found some for MS Outlook to deliver FAX .If i provide the domain of the FAX service provider say RAPIDFAX etc will that work.

Suppose we procure a FAX server ,will it be able to send FAXes to US or India or Australia ,or we need to do some extra things for that.

Excuse me for lot of questions

Regards

Ajay

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll be looking for a fax software certified by SAP

Suppose we procure a FAX server ,will it be able to send FAXes to US or India or Australia ,or we need to do some extra things for that.

You can fax whatever number you want.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello my friend

If this is the default SAPCONNECT method in this case, then the email smtp relay server must also have the fax relay functionality since there's only one smtp connection we can use. And usually this fax relay is another chargeable module you need to buy.

Thanks,

Effan

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Effan

Thanks for the valuable info.

The test SMTP seerve i am using doesn't have FAX relay ,neither our Coorportate Exchange server can send FAXes.

Do i need a seperate FAX server -then as you said we an configure one SMTP host.

The mentioned FAX relay is what -a server or FAX service provider.Does it functions along with Exchange Server.

Pls throw some more light.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

I believe Exchange server has this functionality but also a separate chargeable module, named fax connector maybe. Aside from this one, there are a lot of 3rd party fax software can be integrated in Exchange but not the standard option we're looking for here.

Share this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc751412.aspx with your exchange admin, also please mention fax connector to him/her see if it could ring a bell.

Thanks,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Were you able to setup fax using SMTP? We are using ECC 6.4. I have the below questions if you can help.

1. How to create a separate SMTP node in SCOT for Fax?

2. Is it necessary to integrate the third party fax software with the corporate exchange server? Can it not be setup as a separate node in SMTP?

Any help will be great.

Thanks

Answers (0)