cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert data in drop down in alv at run time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have to insert data in the dropdown wich is in alv at run time.According to my requirement i have i fill my drop down in the init but depend upon some conditions i have to insert one more vaule in the drop down at the run time.

My problem is that i have filled the drop down with new data but it is not displayed in at the alv output.It is working fine without alv.

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nidhi,

When u make changes to the Attribute set its not reflected , to make it visible try

Binding the elemnet set to the attribute, again create alv and bind the data node to that ALV.

Hope u get the drop down value.

Regards

Nawal Kishor Mittal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirement, you need to fill the values in drop down at runtime, right?

Where (in which method) are you filling the new values in the drop down?

Try to insert new values in the method 'WDDOMODIFYVIEW' of the view. I think this will help.

Regards,

Saket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

On enter Event i have to add new value in drop down.I cant do that in modify view because of other validations.

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Validate your node and bind your internal table to the node again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesnt work.

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please paste your code here.........

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding you want to update values in the drop down, on enter event of some other field.

For that you have written the code for drop down twice 1) in the init method 2) in the on enter event of one field, right?

If the code is not working in the on enter event, I think you can still use 'WDDOMODIFYVIEW' method. Follow the below steps:

1) create one attribute of type char1 in the attributes tab of the view

2) Set the value of that attribute to 'X' in the on enter event of other field (where you have written the code for drop down)

3) In 'WDDOMODIFYVIEW' method, check the value of attribute. If this is 'X' run the code for updating drop down, then clear the value of attribute

Regards,

Saket.