cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMVNTAB_UPG ORA-00904: "T1"."/BIC/HTCTREG": invalid identifier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am currently busy upgrading BW 3.5 to V7 EHP1 and am currently on the downtime phase, the upgrade is now failing with the

error

2EETP345 09:46:35: Retcode 1: SQL-error "904-ORA-00904: "T1"."/BIC/HTCTREG": invalid identifier" in

2EETP345 DDL statement for "/BI0/MTCTUSERNM "

2EETP334 09:46:35: error in DDL, nametab for "/BI0/MTCTUSERNM" not activated

1 ETP111 exit code : "8"

I found a thread explaining that I should check via SE11 but how do I check if the system is down because the upgrade is on

a downtime phase, only the DB is up at this stage. Is there a way of resolving this error via the DB?

Please also find the statement that is being executed by the upgrade that leads to the error:

CREATE VIEW "/BI0/MTCTUSERNM" ("TCTSYSID", "TCTUSERNM", "OBJVERS", "CHANGED", "ORGUNIT", "/BIC/HTCTREG", "TCTBCTSTMP", "TCTCONTREL", "TCTLSTCHG", "TCTOBJVERS", "TCTOWNER", "TCTTSTPNM") AS SELECT T1."TCTSYSID", T1."TCTUSERNM", T1."OBJVERS", T1."CHANGED", T1."ORGUNIT", T1."/BIC/HTCTREG", T1."TCTBCTSTMP", T1."TCTCONTREL", T1."TCTLSTCHG", T1."TCTOBJVERS",

T1."TCTOWNER", T1."TCTTSTPNM" FROM "/BI0/PTCTUSERNM" T1

Please advise.

Regards

Glendah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Login to you shadow instance of the system and do the neccesary activity.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to start the shadow instance to fix the error there and I got the error below:

saps030:biradm 42> ./SAPup startshd

Enter the path of your root directory [/usr/sap/BIR/upg/abap]:

Root directory =

• Reexecuting ./SAPup with adapted environment and restart=3.

At this time the start of the shadow instance is not possible,

since you have passed phase STOP_SHDI_LAST!!!

I guess because I am in the downtime phase already.Is there another way of resolving this error?

Regards

Glendah