cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dairy Products - Product run length mapping in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working on Dairy products. Need help in getting the below mantioned constraint to be mapped in system.

Scenario:

There are three varients in MILK ( SKIM milk, Low fat milk, Full Fat milk)

There are three varients in flovor milk (vanila, strawberry & Chocolate)

Pack sizes are 200ML, 500 ML & 1L.

All the products and varients can run on all the filling lines (Filling line 1, 2 , 3 & 4)

Product run length for MILK category is 30 Hours

Product run length for Flavor MILK category is 36 Hours

Constraints are

1. If we follow the sequence in filling line (skim - low fat milk - full fat milk) no setup is required but vice versa setup is required

2. the same case with flavor also( as point 1)

3. Filling line cannot run not more than 30 hrs if milk is running & 36 Hrs for flavor milk (Setup time of 4 Hrs is required)

4. This 30 Hrs of run length can be of combination of skim, low fat and full fat milk (Setup time of 4 Hrs is required)

5. This 36 Hrs of run length can be of combination of vanila, strawberry & Chocolate (Setup time of 4 Hrs is required)

6. change over of 4 hrs is required from milk to flavor

7 Change over of 6 hrs is required from Flavor milk to Milk

If you have any questions plz revert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using SCM 5.0 with my SAP ERP2005. My suggestion is to delete set up group and key combination you have defined in APO and try CIFing it from ECC to APO by creating integration model for same. You need to check chek box set up group in material independent object and enter plant while creation of integration model. set up keys are transfered automaticaly while transfer of set up group.

For further infomation please follow this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/2e/847337613fbc40e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Hope this helps. If still problem remains pls let me know.

regards,

Santosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to this documentation about complex setup matrix with different characteristics.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00a618c4-8aad-2b10-6ebb-f70cb4470...

For your setup time after the 30 and 36 hours of usage you can use the campaign planning or manually insert the setup time directly from the resource master in APO.

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into this same problem, only not with PPMs, but with PDSs. The Setup Group is not populating in the PPM. I have not found any resolution to this problem on any of the related forums. The closest I found was this...

You need to create an additional setup phase before your production phase and assign the setup group/key to that setup phase.

After creating the setup phase, create a relationship between setup and production phase -( Finish - Start )

The setup group is never assigned to an existing production phase.

We will be testing this to see if this is a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am awaiting for the solutions.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. We can define two set up groups one for milk and one for flovour milk. Sub categorys within set up group like skim milk, low fat,full fat can be defined as set up key.

2. You can define set up time for change in set up key as exception set up(if sequence is full fat-low fat--skim milk) in set up matrix.

3. Set up time of 4 hours for transition between milk to flavour and 6hours for flavour to milk can be defined as normal set up in set up matrix.

4. Real challenge is to model constraint of maximum run length of 30 hours and 36 hours for different group as no standarad SAP functionality can model this. One option could be to use campaign planning where you can create campaign by campaign heuristic for same set up group or by campaign optimizer. Now here manaually you can rearrange campaigns interactively in DS board to create cleanout order(after 30 hours of milk) and 36 hours flovour milk.

Still I can understand efforts required for manual clean out order creation and donot know whether you will go for campaign only to meet this requirement.

Other option is to Create one dummy product with dummy PPM and dummy set up group. You can write your own heuristic which can be run after deciding sequence of orders. This will sort orders with set up group and after 30hours/36 hours create order of dummy product with insert operation strategy . This order will act as cleanout order. You can use standarad BAPI for creation of order.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried using the setup group and setup key in master recipe.

1. But the challenge is that whe I am trying to CIF this operation which has setup group and setup key, it is not getting CIF'd to APO PPM itself. It is saying that Setup group - setup key combination is not maintained in APO.

where as i have maintained setup group as well as setup key in the setup matrix.

Canyou help me in this.

Regards

Sravan Maturu