cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not install a Java add-in installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed a ABAP NW 7.0 EHP1 system with BI_CONT 704. But our BW people asked if I could install a J2ee add-in installation onto the ABAP system.

I u201Cthe old daysu201D I just started sapinst on the installation master, and then choose Java Addin installation, but this option is not available any more.

I tried this on the installation master: SAP Netweaver 7.0 Including Enhancement Package 1 Support Release 1 -> SAP Application Server JAVA -> MS SQL Server -> Central System

But when sapinst gets to the step where it asks me for the SAP instance u201CSAP System IDu201D, then I enter the running ABAP system, but after that I get the error u201CSAP system BW3 is an ABAP or ABAP+Java system. Cannot convert this to a Java standalone system. u201D

This confuses me, since I am not trying to convert anything, I am just trying to install a J2ee addin installation.

Anyone who can help?

Thanks in advance.

Kenneth

Edited by: Kenneth Nielsen on Jan 27, 2010 8:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, as you discovered by yourself, the java add-in installation option was removed by SAP.

The java add-in was recommended a few years ago but due to all the problems it created it is now unsupported by recent installation sources.

From my personal experience, I agree that java add-in brings more problemas than advantages but if you really want to install one you will have to use older installation sources.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is the recomendation today, that if you need both, then you have to install 2 seperate systems?

/Kenneth

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition, you can check SAP Note 1181025 - NW7.0 EHP1 - Install BI Dual Stack System (Workaround)

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

>So is the recomendation today, that if you need both, then you have to install 2 seperate systems?

Yes, exactly !

Olivier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for your answers!

Kenneth

Edited by: Kenneth Nielsen on Jan 28, 2010 8:01 AM