cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Usage Decision Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have activated QM for procurement & a inspection lot got generated at the time of GR.

I have given a sample size of 5 for the fixed sampling procedure which I have assigned in the inspection plan. As per the settings I can see the sample size 5 in my inspection lot.

Now can anyone guide me the further steps which I have to carry out in QM like Results & Defects Recording, UD etc.

Basically my doubt is whether UD will happen automatically if I do Results recording ?

Since I am new to QM, I m not aware of the config & entire process.

Appreciate your valuable time & solutions.

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Can you please help me on the below mentioned queries also ?

I am doing automatic UD after results recording using T.Code - QA10, UD is happening for my inspection lot but Stock posting is not happening automatically. After doing QA10 I have to go QA12 - inspection lot stock tab & copy the quantity to un-res use, save the inspection to post the stock qty.

How do we do Defects Recording process in QM for inspection lots ?

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in selected set >QS51>catalog 3-->for the selected set of ud code enter "stock posting praposal" -->post to unrestricted.

then check in qa10 .it will work

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks a lot for the reply. My First issue is resolved.

Any idea on the 2nd one?

I.e. I am doing the results recording for the inspection lot with 1 characteristic. I am entering a value (result) which is outside my tolerance limit.

So for the above scenario I have the following queries

1. Whether system will set the Reject indicator automatically if the result value falls outside tolerance limit ? if not whats the relevance of the reject indicator ?

2. In the above case how will we do Defects Recording & what are the further steps after defect recording such Quality Notification, Returning the quantity to vendor through UD etc ?

Appreciate your valuable reply's

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1. Whether system will set the Reject indicator automatically if the result value falls outside tolerance limit ? if not whats the relevance of the reject indicator ?

Yes this will happen if manual valuation mode is not selected in Sampling procedure.

2. In the above case how will we do Defects Recording & what are the further steps after defect recording such Quality Notification, Returning the quantity to vendor through UD etc ?

if in customization of Inspection type (QCC3) you have assigned the default notification type say F2 in case of 01 inspection.-->system will generate F2 notification automatically in the background for defects recorded.

you can view this notification in QM10.

If you return the Qty to vendor then system will create a Unique document number for mvt type 122 which can be seen in MB03.

As per the UD code & its quality score say 1 for Rejected system assign the Quality score for lot.

I hope this is clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks a lot for the continuous support.

As per your tips, I did some R & D & was able to complete few things.

Can you please guide me on the below queries also ?

1. When I am doing a results recording I am getting a pop up window with Accept & Reject option ? Is this the standard way & where do we do the setting for this?

2. As you mentioned above quality notification F2 got generated when defects were recorded through result recording. Can you tell me the further steps which we will do with regard to this notification & the defects/rejected qty in Std. SAP ? (i.e whether we will do vendor rejection postings (122) manually using QA32 or whether this can happen automatically ?

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. When I am doing a results recording I am getting a pop up window with Accept & Reject option ? Is this the standard way & where do we do the setting for this?

This is std option.Actually if you have not selected Sampling procedure or in sampling procedure you have selected manual valuation then system asks for acceptence or rejection" in pop-up.

As you mentioned above quality notification F2 got generated when defects were recorded through result recording. Can you tell me the further steps which we will do with regard to this notification & the defects/rejected qty in Std. SAP ? (i.e whether we will do vendor rejection postings (122) manually using QA32 or whether this can happen automatically ?

Process the notification & send mail to vendor through this notification.

Also carry out corrective & preventive action for the defect recorded.

122 you have to do through QA32 screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks a lot for your support.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

You had completed GR ? If yes then

First : Goto MMBE and check the GR quantity is found in Quality Inspection stock

Second: Goto QE01 for Recording the results (Accept or Reject ) if you are having characteristics for each operation and save

Third: Goto QA11 and enter the UD code and select the Tab *Inspection lot stock *

and Enter the quantity in unrestricted use and save

Last: Goto MMBE to check the quantity in quality inspection is trannsferred to unrestricted use.

M.Alagesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now can anyone guide me the further steps which I have to carry out in QM like Results & Defects Recording, UD etc.

Basically my doubt is whether UD will happen automatically if I do Results recording ?

The sequence of inspection as you must be knowing is

Inspection lot creation>sample determination>Result recording>defect recording>usage decision -->stcok posting.

so in QA32 work list all these T codes are available.you can do RR against sample size & defect recording for inspection lot or char.

UD will not happen depending upon the RR.Both are independent activities.

even if all char are rejected you can accept the lot.there is no interlocking.

Regards

Sujit