cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL CLient Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii folks.. the scenarion is like this..

I have setup a PI system... PI 7.1 . and activated SSL , create PSE for SSL Server Standard, and export the import a signed version from verisign.

Then we try to connect to third party NON SAP, using HTTPS protocol.. so we create an SM59 entry, and a SSL Client HTTPS on STRUST.

the third party have given us the cer, intermediate cert, and root.

My understanding is, i create the node for SSL Client HTTPS , the import and the third party certificate into the crtificate list.

but SAP support say the PSE of the SSL Client HTTPS must be a signed version from verisign ?

That mean we required 2 SSL signed for 1 server ? It doesnt make sense to me..

Any body could share a bit of their experience here ? seem the SSL connection its not so straight forward.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand wht you call an "import"

>That mean we required 2 SSL signed for 1 server ? It doesnt make sense to me..

It may not make sense for you but it is true for the abap stack (if your partner needs a signed client certificate) because when you create a new PSE, you create a new private/public key set.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.. now we are confuse on PI 7.1 , there is places fo SSL

for the NW itself from the NWA, in the keystore, there is service_ssl , that is used in integration builder.

and STRUST that in use inside ABAP stack.

in PI7.1 , all profiles is setup in ABAP for ICM, so my understanding is to generate CSR request from STRUST on SSL server standard node, and then import the CSR Request Reply.

Getting more confuse on the SSL concept here.

Answers (0)