cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Cost Planning & Project Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using Easy cost planning for WBS cost planning and Project definition control data tab page has Valuated Project stock selected.My costing model had an external procurement material for which I generated PR & PO thru Execution services.But the account assignment in my PR & PO was P with the corresponding WBS as account assignment and not Q.

I have two question regarding this,

1) Does it mean that while using ECP, Project stock concept will not work?

2)How can we get the pop up of procurement type options(like Res + PR for WBS element) while generating PR through execution services?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECP can be used with Project stock with certain controls in place

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Kumhar,

Did you succeed setting the system in order to have account assignment Q instead of P when creating the PR from the ECP Execution Services? How?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried your scenario is my system.

whenever i am changing P to Q in Config in SPRO,It is giving an error that "The selected account assignment category is not supported" that means it is not meant for Q but i double click for object type PR WBS Element and changed Acct Assgmt Cat to Q then system allowed me to save.

The i create a PR and WBSE is coming in the Account Assignement ,then i converted PR to PO and then i recived goods as project stock.when i issued the material in ECP it is not issuing from Project stock because 281 Q is not present in Config for SPRO so it is issuing from Normal stock so special stock from ECP is not supported.

But you can manually issue the material to the WBSE in MIGO/MB1A by 221 Q.

Hope it is clear.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am replying again because in my last answer there was some typing mistake.

Hi,

I tried your scenario is my system.

whenever i am changing P to Q in Config in SPRO,It is giving an error that "The selected account assignment category is not supported" that means it is not meant for Q but i double click for object type PR WBS Element and changed Acct Assgmt Cat to Q then system allowed me to save.

The i create a PR and WBSE is coming in the Account Assignement ,then i converted PR to PO and then i recived goods as project stock.when i issued the material in ECP it is not issuing from Project stock because 221 Q is not present in Config for SPRO so it is issuing from Normal stock so special stock from ECP is not supported.

But you can manually issue the material to the WBSE in MIGO/MB1A by 221 Q.

Hope it is clear.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more observations to add,

As mentioned earlier ..when we generatea PO thru Execution service,System does not refer to the already created PR.IT is better to create PO thru ME21N.After making the GR for this PO we are able to see the Project stock in the stock overview list.But the GI is to be made manually, as there is no referance of any Reservation.But If I try to issue the material in the project stock to some other WBS element, System does not permit.So the project stock concept can be used with ECP with proper budget control & execution service control in place.