cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS Administrator locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one help me how to unlock the administrator user id in WAS 6.4? I am really confused with the SAP Note # 669848. My WAS is running in Windows 2003. I don't know how to activate SAP*. Because I want to do this step by step with more carefully. Can any one help me out in this...like step by step.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Just follow the steps from this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Although if you have UME connected to ABAP you can check whether your j2ee_admin user is locked there and unlock it via SU01.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While tring that i am getting error during the DB load.

The error message is like

Error occurred while working with configuration (scanning)

msg: Error while connecting to DB.

What should i do here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it likely means your config tool cannot establish the connection to a database with J2EE schema. THus, make sure that the database is up and, if it's not the case, maintain Secure Store data (Configtool=>Secure Store view). There you'll need to provide a valid DB user with auth. to the J2EE schema. Also make sure other jdbc/pool parameters are set correctly.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mahesh,

Do the following!

Do the following to log in as SAP* in the visual admin.

<i>Go to the congif tool,click on com.sap.security.core.ume.service(under services in the global server configuration).Under the global properties tab click on the "ume.superadmin.activated" and set this as TRUE(This will be FALSE by default).Then set any password for the "ume.superadmin.password".Restart the cluster for the changes to take effect.

Now login into Visual admin using SAP* and the password that you had set. Reset J2EE_ADMIN password,. Logoff.

De-activate SAP* in the same way you activated it.</i>

after doing it you should change the password in Config Tool Secure Storage also.

to do that follow the procedure, its in note <b>701654</b>.

<i>Use the Config Tool to change the entry in secure storage as follows:

1. Start the Config Tool.

(Execute <SAPj2eeEngine_install_dir> \configtool\configtool.bat.)

1. Select the secure store node.

The configuration for the secure storage in the file system appears.

1. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.

2. Enter the administrator user's new password in the "Value" field and choose "Add".

3. Choose "File" --> "Apply" to save the data.

Note: Contrary to the message that appears, you do not need to restart the server or cluster for this change to take effect.

1. Finally restart SDM server.</i>

Hope that solved your issue!

Rgds

Ak.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Log into portal with admin user (admin/admin or administrator /admin). In user admin, select the user & unlock it

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj