cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document attached cannot be opened

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a project in which a material is assigned. Also a doc is attached to the material and a PR is generated for the same. While trying to access the original doc from the Project and PR, There is an error message

V:\FIATPM_PPMM_HKI\ABP\ABP_Projektiarkisto\7451XF_ could not be accessed.

On reading the diagnosis of the error message I came to know that there is some data carrier path to be defined in customising. Can someone help me with this ?

Thanks

Anjali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

based on your description maybe the following link could be useful for you to know how this creation of the local copy works and what can be maintained in transaction DC20: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/DC20-Controllocaloriginal+copy

Based on the mentioned error message please made sure that you have read and write authorization for the V:\..... directory and that this V:\ drive is mapped to your PC as network drive correctly.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Sorry to bother you on this post, however i have a requirement in which i am stuck for past 2 weeks, and i did not have your email id to mail you directly.

I have images in DMS which are in JPEG format which are saved through CV01N, can i display these images in ALV as thumbnail ?

Or is there a Function Module which can convert JPEG images to BITMAP so that i can use them in Smartforms?

Cordially,

Hasan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali

In CV01N, when you attach the original file, you need to check in the file. Before checking in the file, you should have your storage category defined/ customized. When you start check-in process in CV01N, you can specify the storage category. Once you specify the storage category, orgina will be checked in to the content server & can be accessed from any other object, like WBS, Material master, PR/PO etc (depending on your object link customization).

Please refer following thread, where checking in process is discussed.

Regards

Amaresh Makal