cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Import Parameter for GetList

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a getlist bapi which has a import parameter. I have mapped a constant in the BEA (Backend adapter).

if i want to change the import parameter in the BEA i have to activate the BEAagain.

is there a way to change the import parameter without activating the BEA again?

we are using Mobile 7.1 SP08 Server.

Thanks and Regards,

Joseph Beevin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joesph,

Are u using Mass getlist functionality ?

If not, like shweta said there is no need for an importing parameter in the Getlist.

Moreover when u say u need to 'change' the importing parameter, are u planning to rename it or something ?

Or u are planning to completely replace it?

For both the above cases, it needs a change in the mapping and hence BEA regeneration is mandatory.

If u just have to change the constant value and not anything else, you can change your getList BAPI in such a way that ur code in the BAPI FM over-rides the constant value that is being assigned in the BEA screen.

Best Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

our idea is not to change the getlist BAPI, thats why we have given a import parameter i am able to map it in the BEA default value tab. but whenever i want to change the value i have to regenerate the BEA.

my question is :

is there a way to do it like a configuration like we do for RFC Destination in the DOE Administration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Is there any problem in regenerating BEA ? Since this is the only way out that seems to me atleast.

Best Regards, Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the default value is called default value because you define it once and then it stays forever. So based on that default value MI7.1 generates some entries in tables, code,... If you change this entry in the SDOE_WB, even it is the Default value and not the mapping - it is obvious that you need to regenerate this Backend adapter - cause you press the save button to save the backend adapter and so it is changed and this change needs to be reflected in the code.

By the way: cause you only change the backend adapter there is no need to reimport the datamodel into your NDWI.

And keep in mind: Changing the Default value can happen at development time but should not happen at runtime, cause then you have a design issue and in Production you should not be allowed to change any bit of the Data Model other then by transport!

So the first question is: why do you really want to change the default value - it seems to be a big issue - and perhaops we need to find another solution for you.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph ,

If you want to change the import parameter in the BEA , you can go ahead and change it. You need not to activate the adapter if you are not changing any mapping details, as an impact of the change.You only have to activate the corresponding function module.

But if there is a change required in the mapping then you have to activate the BEAagain, because once you change the backend adapter and save the changes, a new version is created which is inactive . And whenever you refer to the backend adapter it will not use the inactive one, it always goes for the active version.Hence if you want to use the changed one(Mapping Changed), it must be activated.

But just for the sake of knowing, what scenario are you using that needs an import parameter for getList?? This is because there is no import parameter needed for getList.

Thanks and Regards,

Shweta Soni