cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dumps in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We created an interactive form with web dynpro abap for one of our client and integrated it into portal sytem. We tested in our development system and it was working fine.

After go live we started getting following short dumps in the production system which we never got in our development system.

1. ASSERTION_FAILED exception in method IF_WDR_UPDATE_SERVER_PEER_DATA~CLOSE_WINDOW of class CL_WDR_CLIENT_APPLICATION.

2. CX_WDR_RT_EXCEPTION exception in method ADD_VIEW_CONTROLLER of class CL_WDR_COMPONENT.

3. OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED exception in method IF_WDR_ADAPTER_EVENT_HANDLER~HANDLE_EVENT of CL_WDR_CONTEXT_MENU_HANDLER class

4. CX_WDR_RT_EXCEPTION exception in method RAISEELEMENT_NOT_FOUND of CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE class.

Please let me know what can be the issue and how to fix this at the earliest.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Phani.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such thing like "integrated into portal". The viewer for the Adobe form is the Reader and this Reader is run by the browser (Mozilla, IE etc.). The only integration is done through the WD script (the communication and the events between the web app and the WD form). Every user MUST have the Reader installed and MUST have the suitable version (as mentioned, at least 8.1) and MUST maintain the Reader (and the upgrade) himself (or apply some company policy/ central software maintenance to assure the versions are up-to-date).

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!!.

Best Regards,

Phani.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message helps a lot. The solution is easy:

1) try to upgrade every users Reader to at least 8.1

2) place a message about the needed Reader version on your WD screen (and for the users comfort I would add a link where the user can get the newest possible version of Reader or at least your company shared space where you´ve downloaded some 8.1 or 9 Reader installation files)

3) write a simple script which tests the user "browser" = the Reader version. If that is under, lets say 8, blog the form, cancel the form, make it read only or anything that will make the user to upgrade

without the suitable version of Reader your WD app won´t work for everybody.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I am sorry to ask these silly questions :-).

Are you sure the problem is with the adobe version the user has? Because this adobe is integrated into portal.

I was under the assumption that when it is integrated into portal we dont need to worry about the adobe version of the user.

Kindly correct me.

Thanks & Regards,

Phani.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you tested your productive environment ADS? Is that working? With the credentials etc? In my landscape every system has its own configuration and we use more than a single ADS, that is probably the problem.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for responding.

It is not that all the times it is giving a dump. For some of the users it is working fine and they are able to enter the data and save.

Where as for some users it is giving a dump.

My Adobe Layout is ZCI. Can this be a problem with adobe version the user has?

users are getting this error when ADS is traced we got to know this:

u201C$$$/com/adobe/document/xmlform/msg.XFA=Invalid version: The current version of the XFA template model exceeds the capability of Acrobat / Adobe Reader 7.0.5.u201D

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards

Phani.

Edited by: Phani Shankar on Jan 27, 2010 12:13 PM

Edited by: Phani Shankar on Jan 27, 2010 1:03 PM