cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show 'Real' Day's Supply in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Std Day's supply macro in SNP book, The planning book has 10weeks horizon, So value of day's supply is max 70 days even though 'real' days supply is more than 70days.

For eg, If I have 1000 qty on stock on hand and forecast is only 10 qty/day. The real day's supply is 100 days (assuming all days are working and no receipts expected). But planning book, first day(bucket) shows only 70days, this is kind of misleading. Did anyone had this issue?

Do I have to write my own macro?

Thanks in advance,

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Niranjan

the calculation in macro of day's supply the demand is calculated only form the existing horizon which in your case is

70 days (10 weeks). The system does not know of any demand beyond that horizon. So when the standard macro is calculating the day's supply it will pick only the demand in the current data view. and because your stock is on the higher side and covers more than 70 days it will always say 70 days because the system does know of the demand in the horizon greater than that. The system by that means that the supply can cover 70 days and more.

If you want the days supply to be 100 days increase your data view to a sufficiently larger view say 20 weeks then the system might tell you the exact supply required the demand is also available in those buckets.

Regards

Virender

Answers (0)