cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot creation during STO return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

is there a trick to trigger inspection lot creation during STO return ?

Scenario is the following:

1 - Creation of STO

2 - Supplying plant ships materials... stock in transit

3 - Receiving plant receives materials

4 - Materials with defects -> Receiving plant add new line with return tick on the same material

5 - GI from Receiving plant... stock in transit

6 - Supplying plant receives materials -> Inspection lot has to be created

I used inspection type 08 on Receiving plant w/o success.

Many thanks.

Stéphane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate 08 in receiving

Activate 02 in sending

Former Member
0 Kudos

No inspection lot is created when we return Materials to Vendor (Plant A) even if we maintain Inspection type 02.

Before STO customizing, Plant B creates a subcontracting purchase order. Next Materials are sending to Vendor (Plant A) and put in "Stock provided to vendor" (Transaction ME2O).

Vendor (Plant B) creates a Repair request (Sales document / Transaction VA01). Next run VRRE to reveice Materials to repair. Inspection lot is automatically created. The usage decision triggers the creation of Service order to manage all the repairing flow. Last step is to deliver Materials to Plant A and create Repair invoice.

Repair request supports all repairing flow (inspection lot, service oder...), especialy status (out of warranty or not).

After STO customizing, I expected the following result:

1° - Return STO to Vendor (Plant A) / ME21N with return tick

2° - Plant B ships Materials / MIGO wih 101 (SAP converts in 161)

3° - Stock in Transit

4° - Materials receive to Vendor (Plant B) / VL10B

5° - Creation Inspection lot

6° - UD triggered Service order creation

7° - ...Repairing flow with Service order...

8° - Materials ship to Plant B

9° - Repair invoice

10° - Stock in Transit

11° - Plant B receives Materials

As I said, there are 2 blocking points:

- Inspection lot not created when Vendor receives Materials

- Service order not created automatically (because no Repair request to support inspection lot, service order...)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Tell me if you have any questions.

Stéphane

Former Member
0 Kudos

When GR are done on Plant A (VL10B), movement type 673 (TR to cross-company) is performed.

In Customizing > Inspection for Goods Movements, this one is not assigned to any inspection lot origin.

Moreover internal control cannot be changed.

To compare, Movement type 672 is assigned to inspection lot origin 02 (reason why inspection is created when GI).

Inspection type 02 is used only for GI.

But in the case of return STO, it is a GR for STO. So inspection lot cannot be created.

I have some doubts, is it possible to manage inspection lot creation and perform quality check during STO return?

Many thanks.

Stéphane

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the movement type doesn't have an inspection origin configured with it, then inspection is not supported for that movement type by SAP. You can't change it and add your own anymore. (Use to be able to back in 3.x systems)

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check in the material movement configuration that no one has deactivate QM for the material movement you are using?

Craig