cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service injection in EJB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem using web service client injection via the @WebServiceRef annotation. I am kind of a newcomer to Java EE 5 and EJB and all that, so please be patient if my questions are stupid... I have two projects (inside an EAR project), one dynamic web application and one EJB project. In the EJB project, I have imported a couple of WSDL files and created web service proxies from those. Then I created a stateless session bean, where I try to use the web services with this kind of annotation:

@WebServiceRef (name="ProductGroupService")

ProductGroupService pgService;

I know the services and annotatition works if I use them in a servlet in the web application, but I wanted to move them to the separate EJB project. Now, what I do is that I instantiate an object of the bean class from the web application and try to invoke a method that uses the web service. The problem is that no web service reference seems to have been injected, the variable (pgService in the example above) is null.

As I said, I'm pretty new to EJB, so this might be the wrong of using the bean class. I do know that the @WebServiceRef annotation has some limitations, e.g. that it can only be used in an EJB, a servlet and some other case. When is the web service injection supposed to take place in an EJB? Should I be able to just instantiate the object and use the web service references?

I can see the web service clients in NWA under SOA management -> Single Service Administration -> Proxies, and in the JNDI tree under Problem Management, so they seem to be deployed properly. I get no errors on deployment, and none are logged to the default trace when I instantiate the bean class.

Im using NWDS 7.1 EHP1 and NW CE 7.1

Best regards,

Erik Eriksson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so I managed to figure out for myself that I have to do a name lookup for the EJB class and get the object that way. I got the injection to work now.

/Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

I was looking into the thread , it seems you have found out the solution .

Could you look into this thread and provide some insight for the same ? I am currently facing the problem as mentioned in the link below.

Regards,

Ronniee