cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter errors!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am FTPing a file from a system within our firewall through XI. In Message monitoring the first part of the message (from unix to XI) fails after three retries..

But then somehow before the first retry attempt is kicked off, inbound message gets triggered (from XI to file system) and file is successfully stored to file system.

On the other hand, the original outbound message (to XI) fails after three retry attempts with 'Transmitting the message to endpoint' fails.

What is happening here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

<i>

In Message monitoring the first part of the message (from unix to XI) fails after three retries..</i>

Do you mean, after 3 times polling it gives you error?

Try with "Connect Mode" of the File adapter configuration will make the difference..

Also check the Log file from visual admin to look how connection is happening between XI and FTP...

<i>On the other hand, the original outbound message (to XI) fails after three retry attempts with 'Transmitting the message to endpoint' fails.</i>

>>above hints will give you some inputs

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Try with "Connect Mode" of the File adapter >>configuration will make the difference

I am using 'Per file transfer' for the Connect mode in FIle adapter config.

I am checking in message monitoring (adapter).Usually there are two message. One message from Unix server to XI and second message from XI to local file system.

Krishna, the file gets picked up from my unix server and is also archived. It is when it tries to transfer the file to XI, that it actually fails. it tries to send this file for 20-25 minutes. And then it gives an error,

"Unable to contact target server hostname:port after 1 tries..". And then the message is rescheduled to be delivered after 5 minutes..

But in that interval,before the next retry attempt is triggered, Second part of the message (XI -> local file system) is executed.. And the file is successfully stored in local file system.

Even though second part (XI -> FILE) of the original message is executed, XI still tries to complete the first part of message (FTP -> XI) and gives an error messages after 3 retries.

This scenario happens only once in a while.Also this error happens irrespective of the File / FTP scenario.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SSG,

<i>This scenario happens only once in a while.</i>

Think this must be due to some connectivity issue. Would suggest asking your network admin to look at the ports and see if there is an issue with the connectivity. I dont think this is because of the configuration done on XI.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually this is happening for last two days..And happens mainly with a bigger file.

Even a 1KB file takes nearly 30 seconds... We had this problem few days back and then it resolved on its own.. Not sure, why this is happening.

The Audit log shows the step 'The message status set to DLVD.' and after that step, it takes a very long time. I guess there is a bottleneck in Messaging system?

In the Message monitor, I see that AFWSend thread remains active.

Answers (0)