Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Mapping for System Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have an Active Directory Global Catalog configured as the UME data source of our SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.01.

We use the portal for users to access several backend systems: because ABAP user ids are different of the user principal names retrieved from the AD Global Catalog, we have configured the UME for user mapping:

Reference System = UME Internal Reference System

In addition, we want users to access an SAP SRM MDM Catalog system from the Portal:

- We have defined an MDM system object for the SAP SRM MDM Catalog and setup the permissions, so that an specific user group is end user of this system object

- In User Administration, we want to maintain the "User Mapping for System Access" of that user group for the SAP SRM MDM Catalog system, but the system is not available.

None of the 'potential reasons' happens:

* The selected principal does not have end-user permissions for the system. = It does have

* The system's logon method does not require any user mapping data for the system (such as "SAPLogonTicket" for a system that is not the SAP reference system). = It does require (MDM system)

* The system's user mapping type is not set correctly or not set at all. = It is correct ("admin, user")

* There is no system alias defined for the system. = It is defined (SAP_SRM_MDMCAT)

* There is no system landscape registered, for example, the one contained in Enterprise Portal. = There is

Can the reference system above be blocking the configuration of this user mapping? How can we have both solutions in the same portal?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Have you tested the connection?? Was it showing green status(Connection Successful)??

If yes , then have you given permission of the system alias (SAP_SRM_MDMCAT) to a role/user from System Administration>> Permissions> Portal content>> Locate the system alias>> Assign the pemission.

0 Kudos

Hi sap.sec.akshay

Have you tested the connection?? Was it showing green status(Connection Successful)??

I can not test the connection untile the user mapping has been configured: this is an MDM system and user mapping is mandatory to have SSO access.

If yes , then have you given permission of the system alias (SAP_SRM_MDMCAT) to a role/user from System Administration>> Permissions> Portal content>> Locate the system alias>> Assign the pemission.

Yes, the user group that I want to maintain has end user permissions for this system object.

Indeed, I created the same system object in another portal, which has only UME database and not LDAP data source, and everyhting is fine there:

- I create a system object pointing to the SAP SRM MDM Catalog system

- I maintain its system aliases and permissions

- I maintain the User Mapping for System Access to the SAP SRM MDM Catalog system

- Connection test to the SAP SRM MDM Catalog system is succesful

Apparently, there is some issue caused by the LDAP configuration.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Apparently, there is some issue caused by the LDAP configuration.

Yes,It seems to be like that.

If you have the MDM cofig guide with you just checkout for the instructions written for LDAP configuration with MDM. If you dont have it then close this thread and post the same in MDM forum, you will surely get the solution from there.

Below is the link of SSO config using LDAP with ABAP system:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0b/d82c4142aef623e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Try to search for a similar kind for MDM too

0 Kudos

Hi sap.sec.akshay

I'm referring to the LDAP configuration in the Portal. The MDM system seems to be fine, because I am able to setup the user mapping to that MDM system in another Portal that uses only the UME database.

We did setup user mapping for ABAP systems and we are investigating how to fit the MDM system in our current configuration. Any more specific clue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had to disable the mapping at UME configuration level to have this feature back.