cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User ID not found in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am not able to find some of user ids in CUP when creating a Request. What can be the reason. The user ids are avialable in UME as well as in Backend system.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check that the User Data Source in Configuration --> User Data Source is correctly populated.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the user data source is configured correctly. As we are in testing the feasibilty of GRC ,it is the only system cofigured with GRC.

It is surprising for me that Most of the things are configured by my user id and in CUP I m not getting my user id itself also those test ids created recently are not populated in CUP during the request creation.

Thanks,

Satyabrat

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Satyabrat,

This is not normal behavior. Either, there is a serious configuration misstep, or something wrong with your installation.

Please open a CSS message, so we can take a look at your system.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyabrat,

What have you configured for following in CUP -

1) User Data Source

2) User Details Data Source

If your ID or those test IDs created by you don't exists in the User data source/details data source they will not appear while creating a request.

If you have SAP UME configured as user data source/details data source and IDs too exists in SAP UME then as Ankur mentioned open a CSS message.

CUP has separate configuration for User authentication and user Data source. ex. Some may have LDAP or HR for user data source and SAP UME for authentication. In such cases IDs for whom request has to be created should exists in LDAP or HR.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I observed one thing here. In CUP when I am searching for a perticular user id I am not getting it, but when I m searching for all user ids and checking one by one the user id is available in the list.

Whay it is so ? even if the user id exist and populated in list, the search out put put is not working for some user ids .

Thanks,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satyabrat,

The reason could be that you are using small/caps letters different from user ID while searching user.

There is a configuration which makes it case sensitive. First search with exact user id if it works. If it is not so, then might be some other problem.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sabita,

Even if I am giving a numeric ID it is not working though the user id is reflecting in total list.

Thanks,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the exact error.

If the users first name, last name and email addres is not maintained in the UMR in backend system the search option will not work properly

Thanks to all.

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which system have you defined as the User Master Source?

It is this system where CUP will be searching for the User ID. I would check that first of all and ensure that the users actually exist there!

Simon