cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New input parameter to RFC not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For existing RFC, new Input parameter is added and I have reimported the RFC and binded the value to the NEW Input parameter.

But when I execute the RFC, no data output. If comment new Input parameter and execute, its ok.

Provide me the solution to solve this.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you did not restart your J2EE Engine after the Re-Import, do it.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already restarted the server. But same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Check with your ABAP folks if they have written the logic wrt the new field correctly or not.

I hope you are using try/catch blocks at appropriate places and are checking that no exceptions are being thrown.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Check the below

1) Just after calling the excute method of bapi, print the expecting data. (just after the ...XYZbapi().execute() method. If no data then goto 2nd point

The below 2nd will be the issue in most of such casess...

2) check with backend guys they may have not handled it in there coding for new parameter or there is no data in the database for such execution. --- for this Execute the bapi with same input parameters from Backend, login to backend (gui) - se37- execute the bapi with same data, you are trying.

3) If backend bapi is working as expected, then check the binding -- view to component controller -- Component controller to Model Component.

Thanks

Maha

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said before, check with your ABAP developer what is going on. It should be something in the function module.

Regards,

Daniel

Answers (0)