cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create PDF report from custom created roles in 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is something very new to me. I have created all my development under the super admin role,

I have created three roles in the UME and i have assigned the pages to the Roles,

When i execute a transaction which writes the output of a transaction to a PDF from the super admin role everything is working fine.

When i tried to do the same with the user assigned to thet newely created roles, the out of the transaction is not been written.

I am storing the PDF in the WEB tab of xMII and call it when ever used clicks a button.

Can anyone plz help me in this issue.

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shyam,

For the custom roles, what NW permissions did you assign?

Also what version of 12.1 are your using?

Did you test with any of the standard roles to see what worked?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I am using MII 12.1.4 build 36. For the roles which i have created i have assigned actions like

XMII_User

XMII_OutputStorageServlet

XMII_QualityPortal

XMII_PDFService

XMII_LocalizationService

XMII_PersonalizationService

XMII_AuditService.

When i have the action XMII_FULL_Access is assigned everything is working perfectly,

I have assigned the roles i have created in the security tab of the Query, Display templetes and in the transaction.

The real problem i can figure is that, when we are logging in as super admin the transaction is able to write the output of the transaction to a location in the WEB tab. but when i am logging in as the user assigned to the Cutome role, it is not able to write the output in the scecified location. i am still seeing the last output which i have executed under the super admin role.

Regards,

Shyam

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see that you've added the XMII_PDFService to your role, have you tried the XMII_PDFAction UME actions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I added the XMII_Action_All action into the role, but still there is not difference in the output.

should I add any other action??

Plz help

Regards,

Shyam