cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order costing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to understand the sales order costing process. The sap help on this is spread across modules. So I thought to take help on this forum.

In sales order, the profit is calculated as a diff between sales price less VPRS. i think this is the estimated profit since VPRS is the estimated cost.

a) In make to stock sceanrio, the planned order and production orders are made. The cost of producing goods is allocated to production order which is the atcual cost of production ..Now the total revenue is compared with actual cost of production ?am i right ? further how is VPRS fit into this and is VPRS effected in any way by cost being allocated to production order !

b) In make to order sceanrio, the planned and prodcution order is made and cost of producing the goods is allocated back to sales order. If this is the case, then does that means , the VPRS is inactive in Make to order! which condition is used in sales order to capture the cost in make to order scenario ? do we need to do some settings at the requirment class level ?

c) Why is a cost centre sometimes determined in a sales order. What is the need, when VPRS is already in sales order ?

regds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) In make to stock sceanrio, the planned order and production orders are made. The cost of producing goods is allocated to production order which is the atcual cost of production ..Now the total revenue is compared with actual cost of production ?am i right ? further how is VPRS fit into this and is VPRS effected in any way by cost being allocated to production order !

the production cost will be transferred to SO in condition type EK02

b) In make to order sceanrio, the planned and prodcution order is made and cost of producing the goods is allocated back to sales order. If this is the case, then does that means , the VPRS is inactive in Make to order! which condition is used in sales order to capture the cost in make to order scenario ? do we need to do some settings at the requirment class level ?

VPRS is not inactive, it carries the valuation price of material. EK02 is used to get the cost from production order.you need to set this in requirement class. normally for MTO it could be 40/51/6*...

c) Why is a cost centre sometimes determined in a sales order. What is the need, when VPRS is already in sales order ?

cost center is the cost object to carry the cost. condition type is carrying only the figure...