cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone implemented ChaRM in a 4-tier or 5-tier landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019ve setup ChaRM with a 3-tier landscape DV1-QA1-PRD and everything works as advertised. I used the transport route, DV1/120 -c- /QA1/ (clients 149/150) -QA1 -d- PRD/150. Where -c- is a consolidation route and -d- is a delivery route.

Now I need to do a proof of concept to see if I can get CHaRM to work with our current landscape. We have a dual development path and need to make sure we sync our DEV and QA systems. The lanscape Iu2019m trying to use is DV1-QA1-PRD-DV2. The transport route Iu2019m trying is DV1/120 -c- /QA1/ (clients 149/150) -QA1 -c- PRD/150 -d- DV2/120. Iu2019ve tried various combinations and the only way I can get it to work is DV1/120 -c- /QA1/ (clients 149/150) -QA1 -d- PRD/150 -d- DV2/120. When I release and import into PRD it goes to both PRD and DV2. While this gets the transport to my support dev box I need to have another step in the workflow. What Iu2019m looking for is the workflow to act like dev-qa-qa-prd.

Has anyone setup a 4-tier or 5-tier landscape with release and import steps between each system? If so what did you use for your transport route and were they other config changes needed after the route?

Thanks for your time.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff

Search on OSS in the OKP's for solution manager. you will be looking for the retro fit option. That allows you to setup charm on a 4 or 5 or even 6 tier landscape. If you dont come right let me know i have a document lying around somewhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh

I went through the OKP's for SOLMAN 7.0 EHP1 and I wasn't able to find anything on the retro fit option. If you still have the doc would you post it please.

Thanks

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

Have a look at these

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/a3/0aae435a1342e8a56998d83a797161/content.htm

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/08/27/change-request-management-scenario-retrofit-functionality

Hope it helps

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh

I took a quick look and it's more promisiing than anything else I've seen. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you still have problems?

contact me if you need more info.

Wence Lacaze

www.linkedin.com/in/solutionmanager