cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Pco to MII Data Service

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which MII Data Services Connector is used to connect Pco 2.1 to MII Version 12.1.1 Build(273)? I did not see Pco in the list of Connectors to add...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, Pco 2.0 is read only for OPC 2.1 is read/write. I am using 2.1.0.55, may be a more current version in Service Marketplace.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. UDS will eventually be replaced with Pco

2. UDS does not raise events, need to schedule a transaction to read the UDS tags, evaluate, and then call a transaction. Pco can raise the event on a changed OPC tag/tags/expression, and call the transaction faster than scheduled UDS/tag query transaction overhead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it. Can we achieve this with PCo 2.0? I have created Agent Instances only to read from the tags but not to write.

Regards,

Chanti.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I figured it out -- I need to use the UDC Connector and point it to the Pco IP, then to the Communications Port setting for the OPC Agent Instance. Thanks to all for the help!

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you just point the UDS to your OPC server? Whats the purpose to route it through PCo? Whats the business purpose?

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pco>MII Transaction>MII Tag Query-->Pco is my plan for now. Still don't see how to get the Pco Data Source created in MII. (not in the list of available New Data sources) Do I need to install Pco on the same server as MII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see what you are asking for. I am not sure if its achievable as of MII 12.1 version. I am using PCo only to listen and UDS to write to the tags. Let me know if we can also write to the tags via PCo.

I have UDS, PCo installed on the OPC server, seperate from MII server.

Chanti.

Edited by: CKxMII on Jan 26, 2010 3:45 PM

Edited by: CKxMII on Jan 26, 2010 3:45 PM

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can trigger MII transaction from Pco, but will need to be able to send info back through Pco to the source. I don't see any way from the MII Destination to receive any output from the MII transaction, nor do I see any way to link the transaction input parameters to Pco Agent data. Have you sent transaction input data and received transaction response as well?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

Use PCo to trigger the transaction and a Tag Query with writable tags to send back information to the historian. Once 12.2 is available, I think you will have more options available, but this will still work in that setup.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with PCo 2.0 and MII 12.1.3 Build(65). I don't see any PCo connectors. I trigger an MII transaction from PCo.

Chanti.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your version of 12.1 is from the ramp-up period (12.1.4 was the version that became generally available) so you should think about updating to the latest from Service Marketplace.

MII 12.2 adds PCo queries and the corresponding data servers to work with the new capability in PCo 2.1.