cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for 3rd party sales in 2 R/3 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I faced a design question right now, we have 2 different SAP R/3 system, one is for pruduction and the other is for sales company (just business requirement), the production plant in the first system and the sales company in second company are the same legal entity.

Now my question is that, if I do a third party sales (since in 2 systems I just use 3rd party but not intercompany), sales to the end customer in 2nd R/3 system but directly deliver from 1st R/3 system, how can ido it? Since they are in the same legal entity, I can not issue invoice in the 1st R/3 system to the 2nd system. If the invoice can not be issued, is that OK with finance part?

Please kindly help. Thanks in advance.

If there are any doubts in my description, please just reply, I will watch this post.

BR Lawrence

Edited by: Liu Yang Lawrence on Jan 25, 2010 5:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have not mentioned in which system purchasing process is handled.

In the third party sales system sales order is created, then purchase requisition and purchase order will be created for the sales order. This purchase order will be sent to an external vendor, who supplies the product directly to the customer. Then the vendor will send the invoice to the sales organization company and vendor invoice posting will be carried out in the system against the purchase order. After invoice posting only the sales organization will create the invoice for the customer.

Since vendor directly delivers to the customer, there is no need to carrry out delivery from the 2nd system. The grey area in your case is how the two system talks with each other to make sure what quantity has to be billed to the customer (if purchasing is handled in different system than the sales processing system). Are the two systems talk each other?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Actually the 2nd system will do the purchase part. As you said, the 2nd system (sales company), after they creating the sales order for the end customer, a purchase requisition is generated and then PO is also generated in 2nd system, then we use EDI for transport ORDERS into 1st system. After processing ORDERS in 1st system, a sales order is created. DESADV will send in delivery and INVOIC will be sent in billing.

My question is that, how should I do this flow, since 1st system and 2nd system are in same legal entity (normally the invoic should not be sent internally)?

BR Liu Yang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
sales to the end customer in 2nd R/3 system but directly deliver from 1st R/3 system

It is not a third party sale. You are creating confusion with a wrong subject line. You have specified that the two systems belong to the same legal entity and the sale is happening within one legal entity but in different systems.

Please explain the activities that takes place within each system and then clearly specify what is required.

Regards,

Ravi