SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Funds Block document

0 Kudos

We created a funds block document in FY2009 and now need to delete it. Unfortunately, the fiscal year has changed to 2010 and we cannot carry forward this document apparently due to the fact that we use update profile 000102. Have tried deleting the document with transactions FMMC - Close Open Items and FM_DLOI - Deleting an FM Commitment, but neither work. Please advise on how to eliminate this commitment doc.

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Cannot you set this funds block to 'Complete'? What happens if you delete it via FMW2 and what is the output of FM_DLOI?

Reagrds,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

No, I cannot mark it complete without carrying it forward to the new year. And as I mentioned earlier, it seems that the update profile 00102 does not allow for fund block documents to be carried forward.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have 80 value type defined in IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Closing Operations - Commitment Closing Operations - Enter Settings for Commitment Carryforward Commitment Budget?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

No, value type 80 is not an option only the value types shown below may be selected.

50 Purchase Requisitions

51 Purchase Orders

52 Business Trip Commitments

54 Invoices

58 Down Payment Requests

60 Parked Documents

65 Funds Commitment

81 Funds Reservation

82 Funds Precommitment

83 Forecast of Revenue

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The value type is allowed for carry-forward only if the budget of preceding document is reduced (PAYREDUCT and COMREDUCT fields): this is, indeed, definition of update profile in the table FMUP01. From what I see, none of updates profiles allow for value type 80 to act in this way. So, it's not only the problem of 000102 profile. I would open OSS note, as the situation is ambiguous: you cannot carry-forward the document, but you cannot set it to 'complete' if it has not been carried-forward. Of course, you can try playing with FMUP01 setting in test, but this could be tricky.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli,

I will take your advice and contact OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think VT 80 is for HR position budgeting and the block can only be lifted through transaction HRPBC_DIFF_SOLVE Remove Funds Block.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi MIng,

Thank you for your response, but transaction HRPBC_DIFF_SOLVE assumes that the fund block has an HR assignment such as position, person or organizational unit. That is not the case in my situation. In our case, the funds block was used to commit funds budgeted for constuction services.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any news from OSS?