Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New authorisation object S_GOS_ATT as per OSS note 1293080

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - has anyone loaded one of the support packs listed in OSS note 1293080 which creates the new authorisation object S_GOS_ATT?

The note suggests that this object can restrict who can create / maintain attached documents, but does not explain what the object actually does.

I would like to know the structure of this object, in particular what authorisation fields the object contains, so we can assess if the object could be used for a specific issue we have. For example is there a field which allows the user identity to be linked to activities?

If someone is on SAPKB70019 and they can send me a listing of the object structure that would be really helpful - I haven't been able to find anything elsewhere. Our most recent upgrade from November only went up to 18 and we do not want to move up a level if this object isn't structured in a way that will help our issue.

Thanks in advance.

Chris H.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

> I would like to know the structure of this object, in particular what authorisation fields the object contains, so we can assess if the object could be used for a specific issue we have. For example is there a field which allows the user identity to be linked to activities?

Hi Chris,

Object S_GOS_ATT

Text Change and Delete in the GOS Attachment List

Class BC_Z Basis - Central Functions

Field name Heading

BOROBJTYPE Object Type

ACTVT Activity

The 'where used' shows 2 hits:

Classes/Interfaces

CL_MSG_AL_ITEM

EXECUTE Execute Function in the Attachment

AUTH_CHECK Test Authorization for Function in Attachment

b.rgds,

Bernhard

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

As we are not using any such object ....so i can just pass you a information from sdn containg some description on same.

Check if this helps you in understanding the object:S_GOS_ATT

Description for object

-

"This could be useful if a user should have the SAPoffice administrator authorization, but should not be able to have full access to the attached documents in the attachment list. For this purpose you can use the new authorization object S_GOS_ATT"

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a hint in the comment about "F4" search help using the object -> Activities available per BOR object, so I guess it would not work in bespoke developments where the BOR repository is not used.... if that is your question.

Generally when confronted by such technical information needed in advance, I contact the basis guys / girls. They often have a sandox or prototype system for such experiments.

Google and help.sap.com are also good, but less reliable than the system itself.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

My initial searches did not find anything relevant on help.sap.com or via Google for this object. It appears to be totally new in the support pack. If there's some info on the actual objects fields in the actual OSS note 1293080 then I haven't seen it.

Just want to see before we go through a sandbox install what authorisation fields are in the object. We have just upgraded most of our ECC 6 boxes, so do not have any plans short term to go to this SP. It seems strange for a new object to be introduced without supporting information being on the web somewhere. If we have to do a sandbox install we will.

As per my original post if someone on the SP could print out what fields are in this authorisation object I should be able to assess if it will work, or if we need to build something new.

Edited by: Chris Haigh on Jan 25, 2010 8:02 PM

0 Kudos

I will be able to provide you with this information, come Friday - I'll come back then.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

> I would like to know the structure of this object, in particular what authorisation fields the object contains, so we can assess if the object could be used for a specific issue we have. For example is there a field which allows the user identity to be linked to activities?

Hi Chris,

Object S_GOS_ATT

Text Change and Delete in the GOS Attachment List

Class BC_Z Basis - Central Functions

Field name Heading

BOROBJTYPE Object Type

ACTVT Activity

The 'where used' shows 2 hits:

Classes/Interfaces

CL_MSG_AL_ITEM

EXECUTE Execute Function in the Attachment

AUTH_CHECK Test Authorization for Function in Attachment

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thank you Bernhard, this is exactly the info I require.

Edited by: Chris Haigh on Jan 26, 2010 10:41 AM

0 Kudos

Bernhard forgot one little aspect -> the value range in check-table TACTZ.

Cheers,

Julius