cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle Release transfer for Configuration objects in PI 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In my current project we are working on Release1 production bug fixing (JDBC to IDoc interface) and parallely on release2 enhancement (field addition, mapping changes) for the same object.

I have used release transfer to copy IR objects (mapping, etc) from SWCV 1.0 to SWCV 2.0 and started making Rel2 mapping changes in SWCV 2.0 IR objects. But, am not able to create the ID objects (receiver determination, interface determination, etc) for Rel2 SWCV objects. Even though I select interface from SWCV 2.0, it says object already exists.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Raks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the objects are same you cannot create the receiver determination once again with the same key...i.e sender | sender interface| sender interface namespace....

only version of the swc is changed...i think you only need to transfer the mapping objects of your latest version..so that ID will refer to the same...as it was already configured in the Interface determination

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your prompt response. But, here we need to change the sender adapter (change the SQL query to add few more fields) and ehnance the inbound interface structure. So, we need to create a new ID (sender agreement, etc) till the R1 development gets rid off totally. I thought SWCV, Namespace and Name form a unique identifier for an object?

Thanks,

Raks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK ,SWC is not a part of the Key in identifying the receiver determination in the PI 7.1 also....

which means that no need to create the ID objects again...as said for the changes (sender channel and inbound interface structure...) only change will be in the ESR interface structure.. which will be used by the ID...provided the same namespace is used for the changed message type also....

Hope this clears you

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

By recommendation, I always put the SWCV + version in the namespace. A great way to keep things separated in XI..

Answers (0)