cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to use STM tool for SAP System Copy but receive the following error while executing SAPINST.EXE

Application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect

Here is some more detail about the SAP System:

- MS Windows 2003 SP2

- MS SQL Server 2000 SP4

- SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7 110

I have downloaded STM Tool recent version.

Any idea will be appreciated.

Sanaz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I need to use STM tool for SAP System Copy but receive the following error while executing SAPINST.EXE

> Application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect

Please check your Windows event log - do you have any info about the failed program start?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

In System Log there is the following error message:

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sapinst_exe.3552.1264427029\sapinst.exe. Reference error message: A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Generate Activation Context failed for C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sapinst_exe.3552.1264427029\sapinst.exe. Reference error message: A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active.

You may need to install the latest Microsoft runtime that includes the security fixes of

Note 1375494 - SAP system does not start after applying SAP kernel patch

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you mind let me know which files should be executed from the list provided in MS09-035?

I couldn't find appropriate security fix for this issue.

Thanks in advance.