cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Url

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What all adaptors can be used to place/get file on FTP server using FTP URL.

The FTP url given is somewhat like this, ftp://ftp.test.com

I was trying to use SOAP adaptor, but I am getting 'Unsupported Protocol" in communication channel monitoring.

Thanks,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread... Instead of FTP url we are directly using FTP address...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh/Ravi,

The reason why Iam not emphasizing on using File adaptor is because I also have to use forward proxy to place file on the FTP url.

HTTP adaptors provides to configure forward proxy and to post messages through it, thats the reason i was more looking into HTTP and SOAP adaptor.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

For HTTP adaptor, I need to give below mandatory parameters i.e

1) Target Host

2) Service Number

3) Path Prefix

I have only ftp url and port number, What value should I put for above parameters?

Thanks

Amol

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You have not answered Rajesh's question, as to why do you need other adapters when you have The File adapter for FTP?

YOu can use the File adapter, where you can mention the transport protocol as "FTP".

Check thi link for more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FTP adapter is meant for that...also have a look at HTTP adapter which can do the payload transfer...instead of file (not sure..)

and place the exact requirement...of yours as why you are looking for other adapters instead of the file adapter ..so that some one can help you...

HTH

Rajesh