cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manager is not able to change attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Guru,

As per my knowledge Managers can change the attributes defined for their organizational unit(s) or for users in their organizational unit(s) using the Web application Changing Attributes BBPATTRMAINT. In my case manager is only able to only change attributes defined for their organizational unit(s) not for the users in the organizational unit(s).

Could you please suggest what could be the setting I am missing? I have also tried with standrad manager and administrator role.

Thanks,

Jack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

With sap_bbp_stal_administrator role, i do have the possibility to manage attribute at user level (department and user are mixed in the first left drop down list)

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yann,

As i said in my previously reply also that its not working with this role also.

Please suggest .

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack:

Please follow the path : SRM server -> cross applications components -> Roles -> Maintain attribute access by role.

Here you can change attribute access by role.

Please assign points for usefull answers.!

Thanks

Sundeep

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

What SRM release and patch ?

I guess your administrator is integrated in the structure and maybe at a higher level ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sundeep,

I know this setting and already given attribute change right to role my question is if manager can change attribute for organization then why not for users.

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Is the attribute flagged to inherite values?

Regards

Chris

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Do you see the users in the drop down list ?

Kind regards,

Yann

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you using strutural authorization ? Try transaction OOSB and check if you manager user is affected to any auth. profile.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I donot see any users in the dropdown. I also tried to move the user down in the organization structure but no result.. The attribute are inherited. We donot use any strutural authorization.

Thanks,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack

It seems that you are trying to change the attribute value which is inherited.

If the user attributes are inherited from the parent org unit level, then you cannot change them at user level. You need to go to the parent level where attributes are set and change there. This will affect to all levels down the line wherever inherited. Be careful while doing this.

If you do not want those attributes to get inherited down the line then remove the value at parent level. Then you can add new value to that attribute at the user level.

Regards

Jagdish