cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the DB schema of XI DB tables to operate on the XI DB table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to execute some queries on internal XI DB. For this I need the schema name of the DB table where the data about the message is available. Can anyone tell, how to find the DB schema-name of the DB table? I have PI 7.1 system with internalDB.

How to access the DB of the PI 7.1 system using NWA?

Regards,

Soorya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JAVA schema name template should be SAP<SID>DB (it is in XI 3.0, guess PI still sticks to it, or similar) ... You could also check for the DB users table (ie, DBA_USERS for ORACLE if you've chosen another option, though not sure it's possible) and retrieve it from here

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PI 7.1 Server shall definitely posses a Database. This Database shall have the ABAP and Java Dictionary tables in 2 different database schemas.You sholud be getting the names of the schema from the basis team supporting your server.

I hope your are referring to the Java DB Schema for access. In order to get the schema name for the Java Dictionary, you should have access to the NetWeaver Adminstrator (NWA) of the PI Server.

Logon to NWA, navigate to Configuration Management --> Infrastructure --> Application Resources. Select the Resurce Type to show as JDBC Drivers. Select the system driver and click on Dependent JDBC Datasources. This table should give you the schema name of the Java Table Storage of the PI 7.1 server.

Regards,

Alka.