Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With 2 simultaneous BW queries: Failed to connect to backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

With VC 7.01 and BW 7.0 I experience the following:

I have created a simple VC application that retrieves data from 2 BW queries. As an input for these 2 queries I have defined a Start Point, so that the queries load automatically on launch of the application. When I deploy the model, the application pops up and I receive the error message "An error returned form the back-end system: Failed to connect to backend system. Check your system definition and user privileges.". And only 1 of the 2 queries is refreshed.

When I use a timer, so that the 2nd queriy is refreshed with delay, it works fine. When I delete 1 of the queries and relaunch the application, it works fine, too.

Does anyone have a clue what the reason might be? Are my user rights restricted to only 1 query refresh at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

BR, Dani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried with 2 separate 'Start Points' for each of the queries?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I tried that and the received the error message as mentioned.

In the meantime I found a workaround which partly works. When I connect the "Messages" output of the first BI query to the "Input" of the second BI query etc. (and thereby get a chain of connected BI queries) it works. Unfortunately, if one BI query in the chain delivers no resultset, then it does not work anymore for the remaining BI queries.

Best regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

it seems there might a problem in teh way your system ALIAS was defined (the alias through which you pull up your query)

a simple test would be to create an another system alias to that same system and have one query with one alias and another query with a different allias and see if the problem still occurs.

Answers (0)