Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to IDOC needs Response

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We had a scenario SOAP to IDoc using some XSLT MAppings.

We configured teh scenario, but where as client needs response, since IDOC does not have response, client needs the response from PI to the same SOAP Application as response.

for this do we need to use ccBPM Sync u2013 Async bridge. Can any one guide how to achive this using ccBPM Sync u2013 Async bridge, Is there any other way to achive this with out BPM.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Should this be a Sync response to the message sent from sender? Or it could be a separate message altogether?

In later case, if you simply add one more receiver in receiver determination for this Soap sender service and create a soap receiver channel to send data to soap application, then the scenario would become quite simple without any BPM.

Regards,

Prateek

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I had a Scenario where the client triggers data from SOAP Application to PI. PI sends it to IDOC, since IDOC is Asynch, we are not able to send response, but the client wants response. We want the response in to the same SOAP Application. We had succesfully configured the scenario till SOAP to IDOC with out BPM, but were struck at Response way.

The Client is not even willing to Use RFC instead of IDOC.

Is there any chance to get the response from PI Side even, saying that if message reaches PI can we send any response to the same SOAP Application?

How can we find the Message status in PI at Runtime. since we can get the Message ID by UDF can we do any RFC Lookup in PI 7.1?

Is there any way where we can Send any constant to the same SOAP Application which sent the data?

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can create a

1. receive step to receive the soap message

2. Async send step to send idoc with transport ack

3.transformation step

4. send a response soap message to sender

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

many interesting answers but:

1 - some documents talk about JMS adapter and we are working whit SOAP and IDOC ADAPTER

2 -"Async send step to send idoc with transport ack" what mean? how we can do it???

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the BPM include the below steps:

Receive (open S/A bridge) --> Send (to IDOC) --> transformation (generate the reqd response message) --> Send (Close S/A bridge)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNC RFC in your interface. If you use this RFC it will work as same.

In the operation mapping ad two mappings programs

1) SOAP Request to IDoc Strcture

2) IDoc Strcture to IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNC

Then this interface will become Synch--Synch...So no BPM.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Interesting but, how i can map Idoc structure in IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNC structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Soap to IDOc, it's really an interesting scenario.Please try it once like this:

Once I have worked with RFC to JDBC were RFC needs response but through JDBC we were not giving any response.So did an EOIO processing:

Step 1>

RFC to JDBC

RFC to FILE

Here,if RFC to JDBC is successful then generate a File.

Step 2>

FILE to RFC

After File generation send the response to RFC.

But here both RFC's were different.

I am not sure, how in SOAP it can be done because not worked in such scenario.But I hope it can be one of the approach.Just try once and let me know.

Regards,

Nutan

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor