cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document type AER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am told that document type AER is a good document type to utilise. In my DMS system I see that such as ACT, ADA, ADC, ADE are there but not AER.

Is there a website where I can see how document type AER is configured since I cannot see this in my DMS system?

Regards,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

Document type configuration purely depends on the business requirement.

You post any specific questions if you have. Even I didn't see the document type you are specifying in my Development system as well as IDES.

I suggest you to understand the business requirement, read SAP help. Post the specific questions, then many folks here could help you.

Good luck.

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Thanks for the reply. Indeed I will also peruse SAP help

The business requirement is as follows (below was how it was communicated to me):

"Look at how the Ownership documents (Document Type AOS) in SAP are configured and see if we can replicate this configuration (in the development portal) for Engineering reports. The design of the Engineering Reports will be very similar to the AOS types. I propose that we use the document types AER for these Engineering Reports."

Your statement of "Document type configuration purely depends on the business requirement" leads me to ask the question - are there some standard document type configuration types? if so, it seems that document type AER is a non-standard/custom document type?

Regards,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i understand you might need to create a new document type - AER, and the suggestion is that you should replicate AOS..

you can do this by copying AOS to a new document type AER. select AOS and click copy icon, then enter doc type - AER and save...

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

Go to DC10, You can find standard document types provided by SAP. You try using them via, CV01N/CV02N .

Then you can configure your document type, based on your requirement. If you still have questions, come back again. I'll reply.

Regards

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Thanks for your very helpful reply.

I am now in the process of configuring the new document type.

I have come across an issue in transaction DC10. When it comes to "Class" I do not want to allocate the new document type I am creating to an existing class, in other words I would like to allocate the new document type I am creating to a new class which I would like to create. Please advise - where/how do I create the new class?

Regards,

Keith

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

for creating or editing classes please use transaction CL03N. Here you can create, edit or display new classes in your system. In case you need to create new classification characteristics you have to go to transaction CT04.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the reply.

When I try transaction CL03N, I see that it does not exist - can you please advise?

Regards,

Keith

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi Keith,

I'm sorry but this was a slight mistake. The transaction should be CL03.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn't it cl03 for display? I think the transaction is cl01

Answers (0)