cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use standard Search Input Help (return 2 data code and desc) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please advise how to use standard Input Help provided by SAP and return 2 data (code and description) ? because the standard Input Help only return the code only ?

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

would appreciate if you can elaborate more detail step on this :

you map the search help to a data dictionary structure. You then must use this data dictionary structure as the source of your context node

in my case i have 1 node contain EKORG and EKOTX field. ThiS EKORG using search help that having export 2 parameters (EKORG and EKOTX).

how to mapping the export parameter EKOTX to my main context node ?

Best Regards

Fernand

Edited by: Fernand Lesmana on Feb 4, 2010 10:51 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Create a data dictionary table that contains the fields from the search help/attributes you want in your context node. From inside the DDic Table maintenance screen, after adding your fields, choose Extras -> Search Help for Table. This allows you to assign a search help and map the exporting/importing parameters of the search help to the fields of the DDic.

Here is the online help that describes the process of attaching a search help to a structure or table:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/63/1b70bfc32111d1950600a0c929b3c3/frameset.htm

>You then must use this data dictionary structure as the source of your context node

When you create the context node, make sure you use the above dictionary structure/table as the source for creating the node. Here is the online help on how to create a context node:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/79/555e3f71e41e26e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Great explanation, Finally i can understand what are you trying to explain to me.

Thank you very much.

Fernand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

At the moment OVS has already solve my problem to return back 2 columns from the selected row. But i am still want to know more detail whether the standard SAP search help it can be configure to achieve the same result.

in my sample i am using EKKO-EKORG field. by using sap standard search help i am no need to do anything by default sap already provide me the search help but only can return 1 field the Purchasing organization code.

would appreciate if you can give me more detail step how to configure this standard search help so it can be return 2 field the code and description.

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand Lesmana

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>would appreciate if you can give me more detail step how to configure this standard search help so it can be return 2 field the code and description.

There is no configuration for this. The Search Help has to be built to have multiple exporting parameters. You can see this in the definition of the Search Help in the workbench. If the standard Search Help doesn't have multiple exporting parameters, then you would have to copy and change it or modify it directly.

The only other requirements from the WD standpoint for multiple returning values is that you map the search help to a data dictionary structure. You then must use this data dictionary structure as the source of your context node. This is how the WD Runtime knows how to map the exporting values of the Search Help back to the corresponding context attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Thomas for your information. but i am still haven't get the idea. Please give me more detail information. or may be other ABAP webdynpro guru can help enlighteen me.

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I guess I'm unsure what other detailed help I could provide. I've already discused the process. What exactly are you unsure about? Where are you getting stuck at? Do you have a DDic Search Help? Is it your search help or an SAP one? Does it already have multiple exporting parameters? Is it already attached to a DDic Structure? Is that DDic Structure used as the Dictionary Structure value in the definition of your Context Node?

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to go for 'Search Help Exit' or OVS.

Regards,

Saket.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I think you need to go for 'Search Help Exit' or OVS.

>

> Regards,

>

> Saket.

That is not true that this is the only way. The standard Data Dictory based search help can return more than one value as long as there are multiple exporting values defined in the search help, the search help is attached to a Data Dictionary Structure, and this same data dictionary structure is used as the source of the context node. You can read more about this in the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

The Note section under Integration:

If an input help structure is stored in a field in the ABAP Dictionary, and if you want to use the field mapping of search help parameters stored in the ABAP Dictionary as the field name for the structure for your Web Dynpro input help, then map your context nodes to this structure. This ensures that all components of the structure are available dynamically at runtime as attributes of the node.

If the context node is not mapped to the structure, the data element's input help can be used if there is one.