cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap landscape issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

just went thru the rules and regulation posted by juan...nice..

my query

1)in sap landscape what is the number of clients we should be having in DEV QAS and PRD system.

a)as i am able to understand if we have DEV server installed we will automatically acessing 000,001,066

b)if we have QAS server installed we will automatically acessing 000,001,066

c)if we have PRD server installed we will automatically acessing 000,001,066

Then why do we say that we should have only one client in PRD server.

or we can say excluding 000,001,066 only one

please clear my confusion on this..

regards

keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi keith,

first you need to understand the SAP landscape clearly , If you are having DEVELOPMENT ,QUALITY and PRODUCTION system i.e three system landscape, all three will have 000,001,066 client in that. now it depends how your system goes about , being DEVELOPMENT system you must have one test client, one copy of master client(000) assume 111 where all your development work will undergo.

same is the case with your QUALITY server also.

but when it comes to PRODUCTION you should have only one client(as shyam also mentioned) where production activites should take place.

to read more about this-see these helpful links

http://www.sap-img.com/general/what-is-sap--landscape.htm

cheers -

ashish singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi keith,

000,001 and 066 are SAP standerd clients and is by default exist in SAP installed systems irrespective of it is PROD,DEV,QUA

As per suggestion Production should have one client means : there should be only 1 productive customized client for end users to login.

As per best practices SAP standerd client login is not given to end users and only provided to system administrators.

I hope this explianation will help you

Regards,

Rupali Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello keithcl ,

Irrespective DEV,QAS and PRD ,by default installation of SAP will have these clients.

Each will have its own importance,000-admin client,001- which is excat copy of 000 and 066- Early watch client

For your query,it means that only one client will be maintained for all production activities in PRD systems.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Shyam Dontamsetty