Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why "Takt-based Scheduling" is needed in sequencing optimizaiton

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our MMP scenario, when I run the sequencing (/SAPAPO/SEQ1), The optimization button is disabled before I click on the "Takt-based Scheduling" button. Can anybody explan what's the reason?

Thanks

Jerome

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome

the main reason for using an optimizer (GA) in a model mix planning is to do Takt based scheduling.

A typical IS auto scenario would want the rules defined for MMP to be followed with the number of takts, thats

how the system would conclude the number of stations, time and the sequence in which it has to be planned.

Takt as you already know is the time taken on one station, now if you have mapped each statuion and want to

optimize your scenario you would have to choose a takt based planning so that your system can plan in that

details fashion and give you the desired results.

Unlike IS AUTO where we have line conept in normal cases we map the line as one resource and try to achieve

the desired results. I think the whole concept of line and number of takts is what makes an IS auto sequencing different

than our normal APO sequencing.

I dont know if it clears your doubt .... but this is what i observed in one of my IS Auto implementation

Regards

Virender

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Virender. Your explanation is quite clear.

Best Regards

Jerome

Answers (0)