cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign roles automatically when user gets created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know if there is a way to assign basic roles to all the users in the system when they get created in the back end as well in the portal.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

There is no such way to assign automatically basic role to all users. You can go for tool sugested by Alex.

And also you can check one solution if this works for you that we have used in Past and proposed by business. In that if the Basic role is like end user role and needed for all portal users. Then you can create on Template users (Type dialog) . Then you can create the new users by copying the template user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is typically where you would use an automated provisioning tool. There are plenty of IdM tools out there (including SAP Netweaver IdM) that do this. If you have licences for the GRC suite then CUP will allow this too.

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

....or as many others do: Use a Z-report first creating a user with bapi_user_create and assigning roles afterwards with bapi_user_actgroups_assign.....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or if it is only for the basic role for all users, then create a reference user once only and when provisioning the user IDs and roles to the managed systems... just assign the reference user as well.

That way you only need to call BAPI_USER_CREATE.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

I thought these only provisioned ABAP users & roles?

Cheers

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unlike the ABAP system, the user store as well as the login module stacks are configurable in Java systems -> so you can point it to an ABAP system. Then you have everything (except the Java permissions) in the ABAP world and can use the BAPIs.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my first brainfart of the week! Of course, you are right. I had an XI/PI system setup like that a while back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U cannot assign roles automatically when user gets created.u need to assign roles either using PFCG or SU01.

Thanks,

Ratan