cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer services are not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have installed SAP NetWeaver 2004S SR 1 according to the installation guide which was included in the installation files. After installation of the system (excluding MaxDB Database Manager and SQL Studio) I started the server. After that I installed Adobe SVG Viewer and tried to start Visual Composer by calling http://localhost:50100/VC. When I do so, I get two error messages stating <b>Server Error: Visual Composer services are not found</b> and <b>This product requires MSXML Parser v4.0</b>. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

To use VC you'll have to install Adobe SVG Viewer as well as MS XML Parser 4.0.

I have never installed SAP NetWeaver 2004S SR 1, but to run VC you'll have to deploy the required sda files in the portal.

Message was edited by: Deep Chakrabarti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep Chakrabarti,

thank you for your answer. After installation of MS XML Parser and rebooting the whole system I could solve my problem.

Regards,

Marc

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is necessary to install MS XML parser on the server? I don't find this in the documentation of the Visual Composer.

Regards

Christian

Former Member
former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

mh...strange.

I used the VC on our old server with my notebook without a problem (great tool!).

Now we have a new server with a new NW 04s SP10 (very fresh installed ) and there I get the "Server Error: Visual Composer services are not found" and "This product requires MSXML Parser v4.0" errors.

Unfortunately I cannot test it on the old server, because it was a interim system.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, I know that you need it for the client.

When do you see that error? By using the browser?

MS XLM Parser is free on the MS website, and it's quickly installed.

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I open the Browser and go to the URL http://<host>:<port>/VC/default.jsp and then the two pop ups with the mentioned failures appear.

The XML Parser was installed and I re-installed it yesterday (MSXML 4.0 SP2) but it is still not working.

I tested this (with my notebook) on a server from a customer and there it is no problem to use the VC. Perhaps there is additional work in order to use VC if it is an add-in-installation??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the XML Parser problem still there?

And the second one, have you looked into this Visual Composer WIKI page?

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/CannotlaunchVisual+Composer

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

the problem is still there. The problems in the wiki are not suitable. I just checked the trace file and there are several "com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.SAPClassNotFoundException" - Error caused by VisualComposerServerEar04. So I think it is an problem of the portalinstallation and not of the VC. If I found out more I will post it.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm getting the same error, could you solve the problem?

Kind regards,

jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to access VC for portal-dev server(https://portaldev.xx.net/VC/default.jsp). It say "VC services not found need to install MSXML Parser v4.0).

We had

a).installed Adobe SVG (SVGView.exe) & MSXML Parser (msxml.msi) on our workstation;

b).assigned all the VC roles to the user id,

c). the 2 services -> vc_client & VisualComposerServerEar04 are running.

Today again reinstalled MSXML still getting same message.. as VC services not found.

kindly suggest.

Regards,

Madhavi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I was having the same issue for long. I managed to resolve it. I restarted the Visual Composer Application from the deployed node.

Visual Admin -> Server node -> services -> Deploy -> Server_XX -> DevelopmentServer

Stop both the apps and start it again. It should work.

Regards

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

your resolution works here too!

As simple as efficient

Thanks!

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me how to map VCrole to user.I searched in our portal server for VCrole but Iam not succeeded.Please hel me as it is very important atsk for me.

Chintaiah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

I installed Visual Composer 6.0 on my Enterprise Portal server.I also installed Adobe SVG and MSXML parser.When Iam trying to access visual composer by calling the URL

http://ezlab04.answerthink.com:1000/VCServer it is throwing an error that "you are not authorised to view this page". Is there anything else I need to do.Please tell me the post insatllation activites of Visual composer,please help me in case if there is any config guide is available.Iam in a total confusin.

thanks and regards,

Chintaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you follow the installationguide and assign your user the correpsodning roles (VCRole)?

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I had done the installation as administrator so i didnt added any roles to the user.Could you please help in that aspect that how to add VC role to the user administrator.I checked in portal I could able to find the role GUIM and added it to administrator,I am able to find the role VCRole.could you please help me.Do I need to uninstall VC and install it again? after adding the role to the user administrator.Please help me.

chintaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

As it is late and I am going to bed right now, it's faster if you search this forum for exactly the term "VCRole". You will find several threads with the instructions . How to do this is also described in the documentation for the Visual Composer.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example this is the first result, when I search for VCRole:

Mario