cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails (Lotus Mail) be able to save in SAP DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a requirement that we expect to Save some of our Emails directly in SAP DMS, is there an option to save Emails and also the attachments directly in to SAP DMS,

I think we could do it through Easy DMS, but pls let me know the best practice using DMS, preferably with Normal SAP DMS,

but for my Lotus Mails i dont have the save funtionality for my Emails how can i activate this,

is the save functionality available in MS outlook,

Thanks and regards,

Kumar,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to directly save MS Outlook email with attachments directly in DMS. You need to buy the plugin from SAP for this.

The EasyDMS option may not be liked by your customers.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anirudh,

It really sounds interesting, how much effort is required for doing this activity, does this require any ABAP involvement,

how will the system automatically save emails that too with Attachments in SAP DMS, which document type does it take as default,

is this funtionality only available for MS Outlook, what about Lotus Mail emails directly saving in to SAP DMS.

pls explain

Thanks and regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lotus notes does not allow you to export emails as a file type. I.e. like outlook does with the .msg format file. This is a limitation of lotus notes rather than SAP.

SAP did have a connector for lotus notes but I'm not sure whether this was just a prototype. I suggest you contact SAP directly for the connector as I am not able to give this out myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The solution is already developed by SAP which gives the functionality you are looking at.

Since this is relatively new, with regards to implementation please contact dirk.loeffelbein (dirk.loeffelbein at sap.com) for implementation services.

As of now only MS Outllook is supported.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Anirudh,