cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loging service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to develop a logging service through PI. That is , we have soap calls to PI which then call rfc in ERP.

We need to keep logs of the responses of the RFC calls and load them in BI. Note that its really the responses we want and not the requests.

To be really fast I wanted to use a ARFC call in BI and have the RFC call in BI log the data. However , to do an ARFC call through the receiver rfc adapter , you need to be in EOIO mode.

Is this a good way to design our solutions... any other ideas. Calling functions in the response mapping was not really what I wanted unless it can be done asynchronously or extremely fast because the logging shouldn't impact performance.

Any ideas... we are on last stages of design.

Thanks

Thierry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Any ideas... we are on last stages of design.

yes just one - don't do anything with PI if you want something that goes to ERP (RFC response)

than take it from ERP (with BI) and not from PI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

unfortunately I simplified and we actualy have requests going to ERP IS-U and CRM... and comming from several service requesters.

We wish to extract from 1 source.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let your RFC also send the data to a proxy on PI which carries it forward to the BI system. This ensures that your existing scenario is not impacted and by decoupling both, you have better control.