Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error message "Page header or footer longer than a page"

Hi

Our application call crystal report to generate/display crystal report in PDF format. We have a dev system to test this, all looking good, however when we moved to production server, the attached error message is displayed when running crystal report.

Invoking method GENERATEREPORT returned error Page Header plus Page Footer is too large for the page.

Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\SERV

IC1.LIM\LOCALS1\Temp\temp coq new xxxx.rpt:

Page header or footer longer than a page.

Same report doesnu2019t get this error message if running it from crystal report developer.

Not all crystal reports got this error, but some of reports display strange view in PDF, the content of report are reduced in a paper size like label size, not A4 size. I have checked the default printer on the server, it points to a normal window printer, not a label printer. I have checked all possible settings on production server and compared with dev server, all looks same to me

I suspect the label printing size is used somehow when the report is previewed in pdf format, not normal A4 size although I have selected a normal window printer as a default printer on the window,what else should i check?

Could you please shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Li

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question