cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement rule prerequisite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I wish to ensure that before creating activitivies, the corresponding WBS element must be assigned the settlement receiver.

Is there any possibiilty to set this prerequisite? Is this can be assigned with use of user status? If so, detail please.

warm regards

ramSiva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-edited-

Reason: I think I misunderstood the requirement/question, sorry 😃

Edited by: Kealin F on Jan 25, 2010 5:59 PM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not possible unless you use some kind of exit or BADI or modification

Basically I cannot understand why would you do that anyway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra

My project is meant for settlement to various assets.

As the NWA is provided with settlement strategy to adapt the settlement rule of WBS element, the following aspects occur:

1) If no settlement rule maintained for WBS element before creating activities, the NWA will be generated with settlement rule in which WBS element is the receiver. (Latter, settlement receiver is maintained for each WBS element).

2) If settlement receiver is maintained in WBS element (asset) before creating NWA, the same rule is copied to NWA (asset).

In case-1, there will be several line items in the settelement document. So avoid more line items in settlement run, i wish to find a way as specified in the above question.

Please furnish your comment / suggestion in this regard.

warm regards

ramSiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

-edited-

Reason: I think I misunderstood the requirement/question, sorry 😃

Edited by: Kealin F on Jan 25, 2010 5:57 PM

Edited by: Kealin F on Jan 25, 2010 5:58 PM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) If no settlement rule maintained for WBS element before creating activities, the NWA will be generated with settlement rule in which WBS element is the receiver. (Latter, settlement receiver is maintained for each WBS element).

I have created a project with no settlement rule in WBS, have also created activity and it does not default the settlement in NWA to WBS. In the setting OPUV, make sure that the strategy and default rule are blank - so basically you need to check the config

you can also check out

BADI WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE

BADI WBS_SETTLEMENT_RULE

BADI WBS_SETTLEMENT_RULE_NEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra

My network type contains settlement strategy which is set for "copy settlement rule of the WBS element".

This enables creation of settlement rule as WBS eleement is the receiver in case of no settlement receiver in WBS element. If specific asset is maintained in WBS element and then activity is created, it adapts asset as receiver.

This seems to be good function. But what i look for is, to ensure that the settlement receiver must be maitained for WBS element before assigning activities to it.

warm regards

ramSiva

warm regards

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

In settlement profile make the Fixed asset as "Settlement required".

System won't allow you to release the WBSE with out assigning the settlement rule.

Check and do revert.

Regards,

Nag,