cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Variable in Container Operation in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how can we add a time variable in container operation in BPM?

Say i want to increment the time upto 5 hours and see if it has reached in my loop.

how can we achieve this?

Tiru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tirumal,

Could you explain a little more how is your BPM?

You can either use a wait step as mentioned by UDO or can use a deadline branch of a Block step, depending on how you need to manage this time dependency.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henrique -

I have explained the scenario in this blog:

Take a look and let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Tiru

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As told there, you can use a deadline branch inside a block step.

And a hint: use block step in "ForEach" mode instead of that huge Switch with 10 send steps. Then, you'll just have to create these 10 interface and receive determinations in the Integration Directory (eventual mappings can be done in the interface determination) and use a multicast.

For more information on multicast, refer to: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

henrique -

I have a block with a timeout defined.

Within the block i have the deadline with control step which triggers the exception

I have the exception handler which has a send step which sends the actual error message.

I have a send step which polls the http receiver and is in a infinite loop.

Now the first time i receive an error message i get an email which is good and should work that way.

Next time if it errors out it should continue until a deadline of 8 hours and then should send out an error email.

What happens is i get the second error message immediately without the deadline getting exceeded.

When i look at the workflow log the exception handler gets executed but i don't see a sign of the deadline getting executed?

Any reasons why its behaving this way?

Thanks,

Tiru

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not getting exactly what you want.

Your BPM needs to be always running, is that so?

I mean, it waits for 8 hours for the message, if it never arrives, it executes deadline branch which sends a error message, and then you need to wait again for another 8 hours?

If that's it, just put your block step with deadline inside of a infinite loop.

I didn't understand which send step was inside a loop, though. Could you explain your process a little more?

Regards,

Henrique.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tirumal,

take a wait step.

Regards,

Udo