Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Approval process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sirs,

Can you please through some light for the following issue

I have assigned a status profile for vendor approval ,where in i kept three stages. so vendor will be approved after three inspection lots.

as per this status profile Unless UD for the first insp lot is not done system will not allow to do the MIGO for next P.O

Here the clients requirement is they will simultaneously take 3 samples from vendor and they want to carryout testing of these 3 samples simultaneoualy( how to take 3 samples inside through MIGO with status profile), here we want 3 inspection lots for 3 samples for approving the vendor, please inform how we should maintain the status profile .

Regards,

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel you do here random sampling from the GR,but for 1 GR 1 Inspection lot can be generated.Remaining 2 Inspection lot can be generated manual.

I had worked on similar scenario but all the scenario was captured by development.

Regards,

vijaykumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

it is not the question of generating insp.lots manually.Here before approving vendor, three different samples with diffrent batch numbers will be taken for QI .For these three samples three lots should be generated simultaneiously. But unless we do UD for first lot system is not allowing to take second lot GRN.to perform quality inspection for a sample it will take atleast 10-12 days.

to complete three lots it will take approx.30 dayswhat client saying is if he receive all three lots at atime n SAP he can finish the inspection of all three lots with in 10-12 days instead of 30 days.Any solution is there please suggest(standard or development)

Regdards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

What u are planing to do after vendor approval.Like if you want to skip inspection once vendor is approved u can use DMR in that case instead of status profile.

Define DMR rule as for three times keep it for inspection & then afterwards skip it till you get any rejected lot for that vendor.

If the scenario is different just elobrate your process what do you mean by vendor approval & how it will get effected in SAP once get approved.

Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Vendor approval process is statutory requirement here, means any raw material will be purchased only from approved vendors

For this in quality info record we can assign a status profile where in we define after 3 inspection lots clearance the said vendor will get the status of approved vendor.

After vendor approval Material department can procure material from that particular vendor and whenever they procure material during GRN, QI will be there. no skips will be allowed.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I got your point but i have one query that if you can receive all the samples at a time then why you require 3 different inspection lot? Create single inspection lot as a approval procedure for the vendor (single testing stage in status profile too) ....define special inspection type only for that testing status & one inspection plan which will have 3 different operations corresponding to different inspection characteristics or procedure you have in your organizationt.Make the confirmation for operation necessary & dont give the authorization to user to do forced completion & UD.

Hope this will help,at this point of time i can think this much only.But if get any thing else will update you soon.

Cheers,

Tushar

Answers (0)